This should answer your question.Can someone confirm this for me:
1) Pair your AirPods to your iPhone
2) Put the AirPods back into the case and close the case
3) Put your iPhone away from your case
4) Bring another iPhone that hasn't been previously paired with AirPods
5) Check whether opening the case opens the pairing dialog on that iPhone
I just want to make sure opening my AirPods in a train or flight or any crowded area would not trigger the pairing dialog box on other people's iPhone!
No nothing like that. All my music is on my phone and streams to my watch and i used the built in music app on my watch to select music and the volume control and/or the crown on my watch to control the volume for my EarPods. With the AirPods its just the same. It just seems to work. No configuration required.Thanks for your reply.
How does it work? do you use the dial? do you need to download an app?