AirPort Extreme dont sharing internet with a router

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dockBR, Apr 1, 2013.

1. dockBR macrumors newbie

Hi, i'm having some trouble with AirPort extreme. I use this Modem ADSL > AirPort Extreme > Router, everything connect with cable. But the internet doesn't working with MACs connected to router, but the wireless connection works fine. I don't wanna use wireless connection because i send huge files and the MACs share a lot of files. The MACs use DHCP to connect with a router, i need to setup anything?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Hold on, I don't quite get your problem. You have several Macs connected to your network? Also, do you have a bridge setup with your wireless? Are the Macs wireless or ethernet based?

3. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Modem ADSL > AirPort Extreme > Router means that you have two routers handling anything that is connected to the second unit. I presume that all the WiFi stuff is being connected to the Airport Extreme, that's why the WiFi stuff is working OK. Why do you need the second router ? Did you know that the Airport Extreme is also a router ?

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Disable the DHCP on the router and use it as a switch. I believe the reason you're having issues is because you have a double NAT error with your setup.

5. dockBR, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013

dockBR thread starter macrumors newbie

I need this second router because i have 8 MACs for video editing. I buy today a D-Link Gigabit Switch DGS-1016D to remove this second router =D [​IMG]
    And still don't have the internet connection to AirPort Extreme via cable :'( Tomorrow i'll try to change the config of AirPort Extreme.

6. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Is the AE connected by LAN or by WiFi to the first router ? Are there WiFi devices you want to connect to the AE ? If all you want to do is to connect the Macs via LAN to the router then the AE isn't needed. You need to specify your config in some more detail for us to help further.

7. dockBR thread starter macrumors newbie

The AE is connected direct to ADSL Modem < Ethernet cable >

8. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

OK, then. If the AE is connected by Ethernet to your new switch then everything should be working OK. I had one of these switches and the initial config can be tricky.