Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
It is going to be at least that but honestly, there is nothing like it. Samsung is charging $120 for their mat which charges both a phone and a galaxy watch and it still requires specific placement. Apple is supposed to offer a mat where you can put your phone, apple watch and airpods anywhere on the mat. There is nothing like it as of now.

Not only is there nothing LIKE it as of now, there’s not even an IT as of now!
mathews_laughing.gif

Reactions: JackANSI

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
AirPower was mentioned on the Xs manual back in September, so what? It may come soon, but we're not sure.

All of this Airpower talk but when the price is $149...everyone will be even more mad.

They charge $129 for a battery case, so they could very well ask $199 for this gadget. I'd buy it only if it costed less than $99 but I find it very unlikely

lkrupp

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2004
So your comment isn't a good indicator they'll sell like hotcakes? :)

Would it make it better if I had used the word “probably”? That’s the problem with anonymous comment sections in tech blogs. People post things as indisputable fact like “nobody cares about AirPower anymore” when it’s just personal negative blathering to satisfy some anonymous ego who has an axe to grind.

Bottom line, almost every single comment posted in these forums these days is a negative slap at Apple and its products. But that certainly doesn’t mean the real world thinks the same. Anonymous commenters in tech blogs, especially Apple tech blogs, have nothing to do with anything. And yes, including my anonymous comments as well as yours. Have you noticed that, like the government, no serious debates or conversations take place anymore. It’s all just slinging mud at Apple and anyone who likes the company. Anonymously, of course.

stan1028

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
The reference of the AirPower in the description on Malaysia's site has since been rectified.

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
The seniors won't be able to see anything. It's why everyone I know over 55 doesn't own one, and if they did have one, they stopped using it. Can't see sh**.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.