Airybody Aluminum Bumper shipping begun

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by groggy2333, Nov 4, 2014.

1. groggy2333 macrumors regular

Sooo, it looks like the AiryBody Aluminum Bumper has started to ship today. Just received my tracking but it shipping from Taiwan, so it will probably take a month or so. Also just to forewarn those that plan on ordering. They won't tell you but they will charge you around a couple bucks for the currency exchange. Kinda weird, but I confirmed it with my bank. Anyone else going to get this bumper as well or have pre-ordered already? What are your thoughts?

www.airybody.com

2. Radiating macrumors 65816

Why are people always making these cases out of premium materials so thick??

It's like a project first out of design school where there is tons of unnecessary material that doesn't add protection and just adds tons of annoying bulk.

3. yondertwins392 macrumors member

4. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

I was too late for the kickstarter but just placed the order on the website. Hope it will ship soon.

5. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

Wow, thats a really thick case... Not sure if I would like to go with that one... you can just use a smaller bumper case like this one, or just get a good screen protector, and go naked. nothing worse than a huge, bulky phone.

6. ViktorVaughn macrumors member

7. groggy2333 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think it looks too thick. Pics to come once it comes in! :)

8. DeadPony macrumors newbie

Can't wait to see the pics!! I guess your order was sent straight from their factory in Taiwan. I almost ordered few days ago, seems like they would charge you extra if you don't have a paypal account. I might just wait for your pics before I decide...;)

9. groggy2333 thread starter macrumors regular

Sure! He did say we should have it before thanksgiving, but we shall see. I never had an aluminum bumper before and it's probably going to be my every day case while the lifeproof will be every so often.

10. wxman2003 Suspended

Those are really nice looking bumpers! Will wait to see pics, and how it effects signal strength.

11. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

is graft not making a 6/6plus bumper? They used to be pretty good back in the 4S days.

12. yondertwins392 macrumors member

13. ViktorVaughn macrumors member

14. yondertwins392 macrumors member

Surprisingly received it today, and got sent the wrong bumper! Ordered the 6 plus and got the 6. Disappointed, now I have to wait another month.

15. jmk2888, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

jmk2888 macrumors newbie

I have just received my Airybody bumper for my iPhone 6 plus. I absolutely love this bumper, however there is one flawed. The volume toggle switch extension that came with the case makes toggling very stiff and hard other than this no problems.

I know some of you were concern about the thickness of the bumper, rest assure that it's not thick at alll, very similar to my Sector 8 regarding thickness.

I used have a Real Elements Sector 8 bumper on my iPhone 5, but I did not want pay $180 for a bumper and wait til next year for it. Element Case is falling behind with these bumpers.

By the way, I have a full Glass Screen protector from Nillkin.

Here are some pictures, please let know if you have questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. wxman2003 Suspended

Thanks for the pictures. The case looks nice. How much is the signal degraded with the case on your phone?

17. DeadPony macrumors newbie

Looks nice! Did you get the Aero or Classic? What's "Raw Metal" look like??

18. jmk2888 macrumors newbie

My signal reception drops 1 points. I had -100 without the bumper, with the bumper the strength is -99.

----------

I got the classic, the raw metal looks like brush aluminum.

19. archrider, Nov 11, 2014

archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Please answer the most important question about this bumper. Does it degrade the signal? Do you lose bars? Do you lose db? Is download speed effected? Please answer any of these questions you can. This goes for anyone who has received this bumper. They added openings to improve signal. Did that work?

Element Case added expensive, complex inserts to resolve signal issues. I can't believe small holes can work as well.

20. Altruistic macrumors member

Like it!

Looks great, How is the weight of it, hoping it feels "just right"?

Just really like how substantial it looks. Hope the with issue can work itself out.

Was the install a fussy or a pain?

21. jmk2888, Nov 11, 2014

jmk2888 macrumors newbie

I have only lost 1 signal strength with the bumper on.
    Download and surfing speed have not been affected.
    There are 2 small holes towards the top of the bumper. This may help with reception. I hope this help you.

----------

I had a Spigen brand TPU case prior to the bumper, to me the bumper is much light than the TPU case.

Install was fairly easy, the hardest part was making sure the vibration toggle switch lines up with the bumper toggle switch extension provide with bumper.

22. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

One last question. Is the inside lined or is it bare aluminum against the phone?

Thank you for your help.

23. jmk2888 macrumors newbie

Inside is line with cushion, not bare.

24. wxman2003 Suspended

Thanks for the info. That's basically no reception loss at all. You helped me a lot! Ordering one now.

25. long86 macrumors member

Actually the lower the number the better the signal since its negative. So it looks like you get same or better reception. This is great news. Thinking about getting one now.