Alec Baldwin father of the year.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Apr 25, 2007.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That whole whole family is insane. Anybody seen Steven lately? He went off the deep end. :eek:

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

so what...its not like he went home and beat her, parents get anygry all the time. I dont see why its a big deal. If there is something im missing please tell me.

4. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

While I don't condone his actions, I do feel for him. Parental alienation as a consequence of divorce can't possibly be a good thing, for Baldwin or his daughter.

I'm also curious as to how this message managed to get out for the world to see.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hmm...is that how your parents speak to you?

6. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

This is a part of a very bitter divorce, there are claims that his ex Kim Basinger released the tape.

For the record what father calls his daughter a little pig.

7. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I heard that the other day on a comedy site, I didn't realize it was really him. Kinda figured it was just someone who made the recording to poke fun at him.

Sigh...the things some people will do for attention these days.

8. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

I heard this on "Best Week Ever" on Saturday, gave me a little chuckle.

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

When i heard it on the news they also said he immediatly called back and apologized but you dont see them playing the apology tape do you?

10. artalliance macrumors 6502

She is 12! A little girl. And he complains that she lacks decency for not answering his phone calls!
    ...And then calls her a pig.

11. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

You dont know the back story though. All your doing is assuming and filling in all the blanks with bad things. 12 isnt young either.I know tons of 12 year olds who are quite indecent. I know younger that are indecent.

12. artalliance macrumors 6502

agreed.

but it sure sounds like that he is confusing his daughter with his ex-wife here.

13. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Divorces are almost never easy, especially (and im just guessing that he didnt initiate the divorce) for the divorced one.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm sure he was frustrated, but he's the adult and should have kept his temper in check. I won't defend, no matter how bad his daughter is acting (she's going through all of this too, so you can't really blame her either) but I do understand. Still should have stayed private though.

15. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

That's so true. His eleven year-old daughter may in fact be a pig who needs her a** kicked. It's good that he has folks like you to defend him. I only hope that if my wife and I are ever blessed with a child, that I won't be afraid to call a pig a pig.

16. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I'm not defending him, i just think that you automatically see this 12 year old girl as a princess. She may be a total ass towards him and treat him like a piece of s***. Don't think im saying yeah more power too him, but you only hear one side of the story, if that, and you just fill in the rest with some fairy-tale princess daughter.

17. Clarence macrumors regular

only when I'm being a rude, thoughtless little pig.

18. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Whether or not he may get a necktie or that bottle of Old Spice come June 17, is as much our business as the voicemail message itself. What disappoints me again is that CNN makes it news by putting it on the air, and discussing it on Larry King. If I want tawdry gossip, I'll tune into Billy Bush. Or surf the net ;)

Just another example how important BBC World is to thinking people everywhere.

<reminds self to hug daughter when self gets home>

19. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

Useless bit of information here: my mom's cousin had a kid with Daniel.

20. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Oh come one. Who here has never gotten angry or frustrated and said something they regretted? I certainly have. And its a fact that family members are routinely more rude and agressive to each other at times than they are to other peope. Im not saying that what he said is OK, but I can understand the mistake of letting your emotions get the best of you and doing something you regret. I think its more messed up that the ex-wife (allegedly) released the message for the entire world to hear. That shows evidence of premeditated malicious intent. And as a parent myself, Im going to have to take the stand that parents often times have the right and responsibility to put their kids in their place. Thats what parents are for, and if they arent willing to do it, good lord who will? However, he may have gone a bit overboard with it. Well, more than a "bit", but still...

21. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Give me a break, Telp. I'm hoping that the only reason you think "12 isn't young" is because you yourself are around that age. :rolleyes:

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

shame. but its also a shame what the family is going through. i hope the kid can grow up and be 'normal' whatever the heck thats supposed to mean these days

23. johnee macrumors 6502a

johnee

I agree with you. will be hard to recover after living your life in the spotlight like they are.

24. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant