Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Oct 8, 2014.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

From the moment I saw this game last year I know it had potential to bring that feeling of terror I had when I was a kid watching the first Alien. I'm not to far into the game but the atmosphere and the music are spot on. They nailed the environment...they really made me feel like I was in a space ship from the 70's with the old school monitors/computers and equipment. I can't speak on the Xeno because I haven't encounter it yet (actually I'm taking my time combing the environment and enjoying my time without it) They really made me feel like I was on the Nostromo although it's another space station.

Things I Didn't like:
    Humans - So far they are annoying
    Cut scenes - They seem to lag or maybe its the PS4 version
    The Map - It's kind of hard to use or just useless

Bless

2. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I never take the reviews from the major gaming sites as gospel but it is getting killed with low reviews and a boring type playthrough. I love the look of it though and the nostalgic feel they made feel current.

I will definitely give it a try on Gamefly.

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Eh, the main complaints seem to be that it's too long (too much filler) and can be frustratingly difficult. I'm sure I will enjoy it!

To me it looks like a winner, I will definitely pick this up in a few months for 20 bucks.

4. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

This is so true! Not really a fan of the hide and seek concept personally, but it's a legit gameplay decision. I'll be getting it a bit later (don't think it'll keep its pricetag for that long) just for the experience / environment!

Here's hoping for a tacked on MP via DLC so it becomes a generic gun play 8v8 shooter with amazing atmosphere (alien as a killstreak if need be)! :D

Haven't read them but thought reviews were really mixed? See a lot of praise for it tbh.

5. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

After reading so much about what appeared to be an excellent game I just got it off steam today and played a couple of minutes.

Do I hope to get desensitized soon - almost too much to handle for me, lol!

6. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

If you only played a couple of minutes, you aren't there yet.

My kid has playing it on his PS4 since it's been released, and I sometimes watch him while I am on my computer above my monitors on the TV when he remote plays on his PS Vita from his bed room... and it looks really fun. I recently downloaded it from steam, and after a couple hours, then you really start to feel it... LOL... and it's only the beginning....

My kid an I were playing together this morning... but he is way ahead of me. Much funner at night in my dark office.... :eek:

[​IMG]

7. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Screenshot from tonight's game play... made my kid replay my previous save point to get the screenshot... LOL...

[​IMG]

8. iTechy21 macrumors newbie

Well I can say that the game is blomin scary. I live in the same town as the offices for the devs and can get signed merch :D

9. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Please tell them to do a Jurassic Park: Isolation game next!

Much appreciated! :D

10. iTechy21 macrumors newbie

I can't even get access to the offices its that secure... but I might be able to contact them by letter :p or you could try posting in their forums :p

11. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

After playing this game through and through I must say it a good game. There is one problem I have with the game and it is the Xeno...I know it's suppose to add suspense but it gets annoying after a while. This xeno can sniff you out where ever you are on the space station. It's always in the same area as you no matter what happens(except for areas they don't want it to be in) and it patrols that area until you leave then it starts patrolling the area you're in currently...its annoying.

There's nothing you can do to stop the Xeno except hold it at bay with a flame thrower and that doesn't work for long as it runs off and comes right back!! :mad:

The game is still a blast but damn that Xeno.

Bless

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Just read the AI review in PCGamer. Sounds awesome, other than today I'm not sure I'm up for a game about sneaking around or be eaten. I've played previous iterations of the game where I've immensely enjoyed blasting aliens to pieces. :)

13. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac