Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

horizonflyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Chicago
Back up from iCloud on my new 8+ and its been hours and only a few apps have downloaded - most still stuck on "waiting" - anyone else experiencing this?

horizonflyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Chicago
I've rebooted the phone several times - no luck - when I tap on an app I have options of "prioritize download", "cancel download", or share....

horizonflyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Chicago
Tried that too no luck...., I can delete an app but then in the when I go back in the app store where you would tap to purchase it its a grayed out circle.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Have you tried turning on Wi-Fi and then back off or doing that with cellular data?

Not a bad idea.

Pre-iPhone 8, my wi-fi setup seemed good: no issues that I could tell, it just worked. Today, trying to get the new phone set up, nothing but problems trying to connect to the AppleID/iTunes servers. "Unexpected error" messages many times. Was real hit and miss in that it took a number of attempts to sign-in to iCloud, enter AppleID password to finish setup. Took a while to finally get the phone somewhat setup. A bunch of apps still showing "in cloud" status, some got downloaded. Managed to get the heavy hitter apps downloaded.

Trying to onesy-twosy the remaining apps: taking forever or not at all. Reset network settings: no joy.

Went into my router's configuration page (an Asus), changed the B/G setting to "legacy" and turned off "B/G protection". Things are going gangbusters. Suspect it was the b/g protection switch being set. Will play around once I finish getting the phone setup.

Luckily I restored from a backup on my Mac, so, did not have to deal with restore via iCloud. At least got that done relatively easily.

Last edited:

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Back up from iCloud on my new 8+ and its been hours and only a few apps have downloaded - most still stuck on "waiting" - anyone else experiencing this?
And this sort of experience is exactly why I still go old-school and connect to a physical computer for my back-ups and syncing.

Hope it sorts itself out for you quickly and easily.

Reactions: NoBoMac

LorQ1027

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
San Francisco, CA
How long should it be before my apps are back/downloaded to my phone? Plugged in my 8+ and restored from iTunes backup. I have everything backed up to my MacBook Pro. Everything went so smoothly and now this. It just stuck on “loading”. Any advice?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I had to go and tap each app that was hung up to get it to download. Luckily, not a lot of apps. And got me to delete a few of the used only once apps.

LorQ1027

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
San Francisco, CA
It’s been almost 2 hours for me and most of my apps are still stuck on “loading.” The app backup from my iPhone 6s+ Showed up on my 8+ but most of them are “loading.” Would it be done overnight? Or any ideas on what I should do? Afraid to unplug my phone from iTunes because I’ll most likely lose everything..hellpppp!
Thx in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.