All apps stuck on "waiting"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by horizonflyer, Sep 22, 2017.

1. horizonflyer macrumors newbie

horizonflyer

Back up from iCloud on my new 8+ and its been hours and only a few apps have downloaded - most still stuck on "waiting" - anyone else experiencing this?

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

3. horizonflyer thread starter macrumors newbie

horizonflyer

I've rebooted the phone several times - no luck - when I tap on an app I have options of "prioritize download", "cancel download", or share....

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Try deleting the apps and reinstalling.

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Have you tried turning on Wi-Fi and then back off or doing that with cellular data?

6. horizonflyer thread starter macrumors newbie

horizonflyer

Tried that too no luck...., I can delete an app but then in the when I go back in the app store where you would tap to purchase it its a grayed out circle.

7. NoBoMac, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

NoBoMac macrumors 68020

Not a bad idea.

Pre-iPhone 8, my wi-fi setup seemed good: no issues that I could tell, it just worked. Today, trying to get the new phone set up, nothing but problems trying to connect to the AppleID/iTunes servers. "Unexpected error" messages many times. Was real hit and miss in that it took a number of attempts to sign-in to iCloud, enter AppleID password to finish setup. Took a while to finally get the phone somewhat setup. A bunch of apps still showing "in cloud" status, some got downloaded. Managed to get the heavy hitter apps downloaded.

Trying to onesy-twosy the remaining apps: taking forever or not at all. Reset network settings: no joy.

Went into my router's configuration page (an Asus), changed the B/G setting to "legacy" and turned off "B/G protection". Things are going gangbusters. Suspect it was the b/g protection switch being set. Will play around once I finish getting the phone setup.

Luckily I restored from a backup on my Mac, so, did not have to deal with restore via iCloud. At least got that done relatively easily.

8. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68030

Alexander.Of.Oz

And this sort of experience is exactly why I still go old-school and connect to a physical computer for my back-ups and syncing.

Hope it sorts itself out for you quickly and easily.

9. iSummer717 macrumors regular

iSummer717

10. Stang69 macrumors member

Mine eventually showed up after few hours. At first my photos were empty then it added all from the cloud. Keep checking

11. LorQ1027 macrumors regular

LorQ1027

Just restored from iTunes. I’m sorta having the same problem. Apps just say “loading”.

iPhone 8+ 256gb

12. iSummer717 macrumors regular

iSummer717

Oh I hope so. I’m glad yours came back. Gives me hope.

13. LorQ1027 macrumors regular

LorQ1027

How long should it be before my apps are back/downloaded to my phone? Plugged in my 8+ and restored from iTunes backup. I have everything backed up to my MacBook Pro. Everything went so smoothly and now this. It just stuck on “loading”. Any advice?

14. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

I had to go and tap each app that was hung up to get it to download. Luckily, not a lot of apps. And got me to delete a few of the used only once apps.

15. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Yeah, my photos haven't loaded yet either.

16. joselc23 macrumors member

I had the same issue with photos. If battery is too low it pauses. Take a photo then an option shows to continue download from iCloud on low battery.

17. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Actually worked for me, thanks!

18. LorQ1027 macrumors regular

LorQ1027

It’s been almost 2 hours for me and most of my apps are still stuck on “loading.” The app backup from my iPhone 6s+ Showed up on my 8+ but most of them are “loading.” Would it be done overnight? Or any ideas on what I should do? Afraid to unplug my phone from iTunes because I’ll most likely lose everything..hellpppp!
    Thx in advance!