All Black Macbook Pros To Come Out?

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
When is the all black Macbook Pro coming it. They did it for the old Macbooks so I can see them eventually releasing one. If it had an all black unibody and white or silver keys it would be soooo bad boy. Any Photoshop pros able to knock up an image of just such a machine for us all to salivate over?

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
It would probably still have black keys, for the backlight. See the iPod Nano: Silver with black controls, and black with black controls.

Speaking of the black iPod Nano, we can all look at that thing and imagine. It would probably look like the old matte-skin version of the nano (last year's model). You are right, it would be pretty badass looking.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I doubt it......

1. the MacBook is polycarbonate, while the MBP is aluminum

2. Apparently Apple spent lots of time researching the "perfect" color for their machines for the best viewing experience. For iMac, MacBook Pro, Cinema Displays....then they make their computers the same color, Mac Pro, Mac Mini....etc

Since now the only two colors of machines are silver and white, I doubt black will be put back into motion....especially for the MBP

Saying all that, I am still a little stumped why they put a black boarder around the 24 ACD, iMac and MBP.....when I remember Apple was very proud of the color silver they chose....hmmmmmm :confused:

MrCheeto

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2008
I would have wanted a BlackBook if they didn't paint the OUTSIDE of the shell -.-' gnarbs

However considering the processes used to color the aluminum iPods I'd love to see an array of MacBook Pro colors! Sadly, the pro line has never had color options =\

mattais

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2008
Bristol, UK
Listen, they'd never bring out a black brushed aluminium Macbook Pro because trading standards don't like monopolies, and one of those would take Apple OFF THE CHAIN.

End.

Takashi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
I don't think they will bring out the black macbook again. Usually PCs are black in color so mac don't want others to mix into the PC crowd.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

^^^Have you looked at laptops over the last 5 years? :confused:

Besides, the black MacBook proved to be a laptop that really stood out visually.

Takashi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

^^^Have you looked at laptops over the last 5 years? :confused:

Besides, the black MacBook proved to be a laptop that really stood out visually.
Not since I start using a mac (lol) :D

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
I doubt it......

1. the MacBook is polycarbonate, while the MBP is aluminum

2. Apparently Apple spent lots of time researching the "perfect" color for their machines for the best viewing experience. For iMac, MacBook Pro, Cinema Displays....then they make their computers the same color, Mac Pro, Mac Mini....etc

Since now the only two colors of machines are silver and white, I doubt black will be put back into motion....especially for the MBP

Saying all that, I am still a little stumped why they put a black boarder around the 24 ACD, iMac and MBP.....when I remember Apple was very proud of the color silver they chose....hmmmmmm :confused:
Aluminum has nothing to do with it. There is still a coating, and they can make it what ever color they want.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

Get a colorware version and be happy. ;)

Azathoth

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
I don't think they will bring out the black macbook again. Usually PCs are black in color so mac don't want others to mix into the PC crowd.
Black is a much better colour for laptops. I dislike the Al. Thinkpad matte black all the way (; Unfortunately I lack the skills or the time to mod a MBP to a nicer colour scheme. Plus black is less flashy, which is a good thing if you actually plan to use your laptop in public