Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I guess that puts the rumor that the Mini will be a flop to rest. You really can not judge as we have no idea of what Apple had for inventory. Glad I got my order in early!

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Just curios but is it sold out or is it that it simply wouldn't make the nov 2 delivery cutoff before?

I've ordered new Apple items thinking it was a two week delay but it ended up shipping in a few days so maybe "2wks" is their way of saying "we've got them, but we won't be givin you the free expedited event shipping".

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Same thing with iPad 3 and I walked into a best buy at launch day and picked one up easily

They make so many of these things now it doesn't matter

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
They make so many of these things now it doesn't matter

Agreed, seeing that its not selling out, is not a good indicator of its success/failure. I'm not making excuses but rather saying its not a good metric to measure the product's success

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Agreed, seeing that its not selling out, is not a good indicator of its success/failure. I'm not making excuses but rather saying its not a good metric to measure the product's success

Ditto

----------

Just curios but is it sold out or is it that it simply wouldn't make the nov 2 delivery cutoff before?

I've ordered new Apple items thinking it was a two week delay but it ended up shipping in a few days so maybe "2wks" is their way of saying "we've got them, but we won't be givin you the free expedited event shipping".

No, they are not sold out. This is exactly why, I said the subject line was misleading.

Redsfan

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
Greater Toronto Area
likely they did not produce enough of them for launch, so perhaps they want buyers to think it is so hot they now have to wait....this is not the case of course our infinite wisdom would suggest...

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Most Apple products move to 2 week wait within 20 mins-2 hours of preorder starting. iPad Mini: 6 days. They will be easy to find.

Today is monday and it was sold out today, it launches on friday, so i think only 3 days not 6 days:rolleyes:

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
The Nintendo Wii was artificially sold out. I suspect the same thing happened with the Surface.

The market is always manipulated.

That said, I'm having a hard time deciding if I want a mini or an iPad 4.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
Agree.
My guess is there will be more than enough available Friday in store if you walk in. Maybe a certain config will sell out here and ther, but they will have some stock on both mini and v4's to sell ya.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
The Nintendo Wii was artificially sold out. I suspect the same thing happened with the Surface.

Wii U = Handheld console innovation
Surface = smart cover keyboard, innovation i think
Ipad mini = Smaller Ipad 2

RTbar

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011

get the mini, the ipad 3/4 is too heavy when you add a case/smart cover to it

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
Not sold out just pushed two weeks out for shipping. I'm sure these will be available at any apple or best buy come friday.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Yeap every models are move to 2 weeks shipment

I find this very hilarious & completely predictable.

Hilarious? Yes, before I joined this forum I browsed it regularly. When the topic of a smaller iPad came up, there was literally an avalance of naysayers. Thousands of posts swearing it would never happen, and how useless one would be.

Now we see a completely different picture. I love to be entertained by the Apple communities predictable hypocrisy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.