All my files?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by AppleTalker, Sep 13, 2013.

1. AppleTalker macrumors member

Hello. I have a very important file on my Mac (running Lion) and it is a PDF. I created a folder for that specific file, but it still shows up in All My Files. Even if i drag it out of All my files into the folder i created.

Is there any way around this? :( I have clients who use it and i don`t want them to see it right away.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

"All my Files" is exactly what the name states, all of your files, regardless where they are.

No way around it. Unless you port your file into an USB stick.

3. benwiggy macrumors 68020

If you have clients using your Mac, then really they should not be in your user account.

Create a new account, or use a guest account, and then store files that you want them to access in /Users/Shared.

4. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

"All my files" is not a folder but a search function. Why not remove it from the sidebar of finder--that will more or less hide it.

5. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

In Finder preferences, you can use "new windows show" to select a different view. I have mine set to the top level of my user account (just a collection of folders).

Sometimes I open the Finder in front of people and don't want them to see what's on my Mac.

6. MeUnix macrumors 6502

Agreed. Personally, I wouldn't have clients on my Mac using my account, but then again you didn't state what type of business you're in so who am I to say ;)