All Professional Macbookpro Users Preferring Matte Screens Unite!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Europe calling, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

I am not starting this thread to have a glossy/poll discussion. If you prefer glossy this is not meant for you, you are well served by Apple.

I just hope that the 70% of us who prefer matte over glossy all send a complaint to Apple to bring back the matte screen option for the MackbookPro.
    A laptop that needs an anti-glare sticker is just not Pro. You pay good money for it. Expect something in return.
    Everyone: http://www.apple.com/contact/feedback.html

Make this a sticky!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Too bad they won't listen to us. Goodbye matte...

3. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

70% you reckon? i'd say Apple's sales figures say something a lot different.

4. Jaap macrumors member

You are so right.
    I absolutely hate the reflections in glossy screens.
    Feedback submitted.

5. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

:apple: Your numbers are wrong. Apple is not going to change it because Steve said the market was not big enough for matte screens. They are also selling out of MBP's in stores and people waiting in line at my apple store. Glad you are wasting the bandwidth to post yet again another thread on this. Maybe you should just go to the petition thread and see if you can get a Macbook whiner. :apple:

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

feedback left

might not make any difference but hey, if it does, awesome.

7. pooryou macrumors 65816

8. riz78612 macrumors regular

Or instead of each person individually posting on the suggestions on the apple site.

Let everone posts their suggestions here. And then give Apple the link to the forum, so they can see what we are suggesting.

9. digitalfrog macrumors regular

digitalfrog

I'll wait and see.

I actually sold my MBP just before the announcement as I was afraid it would loose a lot of value after.

I bite my tongue and had lot's of regrets when I realized the new MPB were all shiny.

I went to the a big electronic shop today (equivalent of Best Buy in Europe) and saved over 1000US$ on a higher specs MBP than I had ! (matte screen).

I actually made money, and end up with a higher spec MATTE screen :)

How about keeping what we have right now if we are happy with it and see if this shiny screen is really a deal breaker ?

If it indeed unbearable for some, keep or buy a matte MBP for cheap - it did not become less nice from one day to another.

10. Marcquito macrumors member

Marcquito

Hey, OP-- have you even TRIED the new systems? I checked them out earlier and I can say it does not resemble the glossy from the previous model. Are you REALLY a "pro" and need these specs? I somewhat doubt it. Apple makes it much too easy for people to call themselves "pro users" How about doing your homework before you go ahead and create one more useless thread.

11. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I tried one out today and it was HORRENDOUS in terms of reflection...anytime there was a black area on the screen (like before a video played), watching any movie w/ the wide screen letterboxing or the black bezel all you can see is reflection. I don't even care abo colour calibration, its the reflection that I find distracting. I must say I was in an Apple store and the lighting was bright so I haven't used one at home yet.

12. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Feedback sent - easy enough to do - may help - who knows.

13. ManWithhat macrumors regular

Not offering matte simplifies the production process. I doubt Apple would have taken the option off if they didn't already know (through sales reports) that a significant majority of its current consumers don't pick matte. For this reason, I don't think any amount of complaining is going to rectify their error.

To be clear, I prefer gloss. I like shiny things.

14. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Fine, charge an extra $50 to $100.

Give a bloody choice!

15. detz macrumors 65816

I sent feedback in favor of them never releasing matte again.

16. voxnj macrumors regular

17. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I just googled "stupid comment", yours was number one.

Seriously, what's wrong with an option for matte?

18. voxnj macrumors regular

Take a pill

19. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I'm waiting to see what third party manufacturers come up with.

20. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Agreed only having one option simplifies the process...for all we know Apple just flipped a coin and is forcing glossy on everyone....the REAL numbers they probably have are something like this: 85% of all Mac users will still buy their products no matter what you take away as long as they are new, fast, sexy & shiny.

Its arrogant but we still drink the Kool-Aid.

21. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I just googled "best reply" and yours was number one. I don't understand the 'anti-matte as an option' posters here.

22. bkeezy macrumors newbie

i sent a couple feedback comments on Tuesday but don't expect any changes for this line. keep in mind people this is not even a processor update! the true pro users will not respond well and although apple will make up the difference with their new awesome (not sarcastic) consumer laptops they will see the long term drop off in pro purchases and realize what they have done, become HP. lets just hold out hope that the nehalem update offers matte and that my new prev gen dies under warranty!

23. macbook129 macrumors newbie

I've already left feedback on this actually. (plus the MB firewire nonsense)

?? But even if glossy accounted for 90% of mac sales, is that a good enough reason to stop the matte production? do Apple want to lose 10% of their customers?

I think its a strange way to go, because especially on a laptop, glossy is not needed. I struggle enough to see my new iMac when the sun is shining through on my screen so this just makes laptops especially very hard to use in outside conditions. You can barely see your screen when your outside in the park on a moderately sunny day. I certainly wont be buying another apple laptop with glossy still on the shelf!

At the end of the day it is personal preference, but lots of people who do not understand the difference between matte and glossy choose glossy just because its "shiny".... okay.

Hopefully Apple will bring back a Matte option in the future.

24. Alchematron macrumors 6502a

Alchematron

NO Matte Screen
    NO Built in 3G Antenna
    NO Blu-Ray Drive
    NO Silver Keys
    NO Hi Res Screen
    YES Butt Ugly Bezel
    YES Sharp Edges

Sorry Steve NO SALE

25. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's the wrong link for feedback of this type. That link is for feedback on their website, not products. If you call Apple customer support at 800-275-2273, you can voice your feedback, as I did yesterday. The rep said they are gathering feedback from callers and passing the info to supervisors, to let them know how the new product release is going.