All stores out of them!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by benalexe, Mar 11, 2011.

1. benalexe macrumors member

Wow I went looking today- 2 targets, & best buy. All out of stock. I called up the apple store and they told me they could not comment on inventory (Why is this) but there is over 150 people in line so they are telling people not to come down. I wonder if apple anticipated this much demand?

Nevertheless, I think I am just going to order online. My guess is I will get it faster that way. If I see it in the store I can always return it or cancel the order if it does not ship.

Does anyone know if the apple store will take back items that you buy online?

Does everyone think the best bet is to just buy online?

If I order and the item does not ship yet can I cancel it if I get one?

Do the charge your cards when you place the order or when it ships?

2. ozred macrumors 6502

I bought mine from the AT&T store. Just called for a friend, the managers a friend so he held one & said they have 15 left with 40 more due tomorrow. He suggest others check their stores since most of them have plenty.

Hope this helps you :)

3. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

my card (at least through the online portal) does not show the charge.

however, fraud prevention for the card called to determine if the $750 charge was legit.

i think apple must check to see if the sale will go through...like a test charge, after you order.

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I went to 2 corp AT&T stores and neither had ever gotten any at all. When I asked when they might I was told 30 days. They offered a pre-order with the same time frame as Apple.

I should just have ordered this morning. I got up a bit earlier than normal (4:30am) and the shipping time was 3 to 5 days. I should have stuck to my original idea and ordered early. I've ordered online now but will still make a few stops Saturday and/or Sunday to see if I can get one. Probably not.

5. foodle macrumors 6502

Our local AT&T store did not get their shipment. They seemed really tired of people coming in and asking about them. :(

6. Gregintosh, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

Gregintosh macrumors 68000

The Apple store I went to had about 200 people or so in line. I was in the first maybe dozen or two (I got there around 12:30 PM, so around 4.5 hours before launch). I got my 32GB WiFi iPad.

But I stayed at the mall it was located in and hung out for a while. A couple of hours later, the line was gone and it seems everyone who came down and got in line, even the ones who came in dead last still got one.

I have an online order still pending. I am debating if I should cancel it since I already got it or if I should let it arrive here and sell it on eBay or Craigslist. Though I am not sure how constrained the supplies are going to be by the time it comes in around the 22nd or so.

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

You can return online purchases within 14 days of receipt. Also, if it hasn't been prepared for shipment yet, you can cancel it before they send it. I have first hand experience...I woke up at 4:00 am ET this morning and in my half-asleep haze, placed an order but didn't realize until it was too late that it was shipping to my old work address. I promply placed an identical order to ship to my home and once the original order was in their system I was able to simply cancel it.

I plan to try to get one at the apple store or elsewhere this weekend and if I can, I'll cancel the other one.

8. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Great thread title" All stores out of them". EVERY store in the world is out of them? You know this for a fact?

9. iserian macrumors 6502

Call around - just left my Apple store - buying accessories and the line was over and they still had pad's.

10. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

One good reason why I waited in line at the Apple Store at Arden Fair in Sacramento, CA today. :D