Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

All the iPad Trackpad Keyboard Cases You Can Buy

techfreak23

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2013
I believe Logitech is the OEM for all Apple keyboards. There’s a reason why Logitech will not be making their own branded keyboards for iPad Pro 11 is just so they dont cannibalize the sales of Magic Keyboard.

Logotech could have the license to use Apple's Smart Connector as well as to produce their own keyboards for iPad but probably not until the sales of Magic Keyboards have stabilized.

I owned Apple Smart Keyboard and Logitech Slim Folio but hated both of them. I’m into my 3rd Smart Keyboard now and the folding connector part is almost done by now, while the Slim Folio is just too thick and too heavy for my liking.

My new Logitech Combo Touch may just stop me from upgrading to an iPad Pro 11 for now, at least until they bring out the iPad with Mini-LED later this year
I get the why. The relationship between Apple and Logitech has been pretty apparent for awhile now. Apple even helped them design specific product packaging specifically for Apple stores. It’s just unfortunate that Apple is very obviously using that leverage they seem to have against Logitech with the iPad Pro keyboards to up sell us on their product.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Jan 11, 2008
Warning!

As this review from ZDNet affirms, you may not be able to return to other iPad keyboards once you've experienced Apple's own Magic Keyboard:

How the Magic Keyboard won my heart - and my wallet

"Bottom line: the Magic Keyboard is the heroin of iPad keyboards: it's so good you don't even want to try it once."
Don't make the same mistake as the author of this article!

• Haha
Reactions: GuruZac

GuruZac

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2015
Yes it is, the logitech trackpad has exactly the same functions as the MK one since it was developed with help from Apple. Because of that it not available as a low cost alternative to the Magic Keyboard case, as it would eat of Apples sales. So I guess they agreed that Apple would help Logi if Logi does not compete with the Magic Keyboard case. Simple, what’s not to get here.
I wasn’t aware until just recently that Logitech and Apple collaborated on their trackpad keyboard case. I really believe that is exactly why they are not producing and likely will not produce an option for the Pro models at this time. There will undoubtedly be alternatives, but again, I always generally buy Apple’s accessories for as they work most seamlessly. The Magic Keyboard is no different.

Mainsail

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2010
I wasn’t aware until just recently that Logitech and Apple collaborated on their trackpad keyboard case. I really believe that is exactly why they are not producing and likely will not produce an option for the Pro models at this time. There will undoubtedly be alternatives, but again, I always generally buy Apple’s accessories for as they work most seamlessly. The Magic Keyboard is no different.

To be clear, Logitech does make a keyboard case for the iPad Pro, without a built in trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.