All the Mock Ups I could find for the MacBook Pro / MacBook at WWDC

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mogzieee, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

2. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

You know, I just got to thinking. That massive trackpad is nice and all, but how the heck would the click-button work?!

Would it have 5 different places that detect clicking and it would just rock on a pivot? Talk about a design flaw if that were the case.

I think the trackpad is just going to match the MBA. But other than that, I like the idea of a little black! :)

3. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Every single one of your mock-ups has the MBP using the MB/MBA keyboard. I really hope this is not the case. The MBP's keyboard is one of the reasons I paid extra $$ for it! I even currently own an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, but I can't stand typing on the flat keys...

4. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I really enjoy the current keyboard. The iMac in my sig has a new keyboard and I like it, but wouldn't want to use it all day. I think I could type on this all day and not notice a thing. Buttons are easy to push, fingers sit nicely on them.

Who knows, maybe they've got something new up their sleeves to give us.

5. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

This thread is GREAT in showing that most mockup artists have absolutely NO imagination whatsoever....

Plenty of God given talent and they will excel in all areas of graphics they choose, but only if they gain creativity and imagination. Most of the designs are just the bottom or a MBA or MBP with the bezel of an iMac, or a black MBP. Nothing truly original.

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Just a note: the "mockup" by waywardsage is the TiBook -_-

BTW, JWest wins :)

P.S.: unless MacFly123 was trying to make a 13" MBP, the keyboard is too large for the computer. Also, bananas, whats the deal with tapering? I really hate how it looks on MBA and this mockup.

7. alxths macrumors 6502

I'm curious to see how much Apple is willing to tip the balance in regards to looking sleek and looking powerful. I reckon that while a MBA inspired clone would look really nice, from a marketing standpoint it may not convey the same sense of stability and power that the current line of MBP's do.

I really like stevegmu's design, personally. I'm waiting for the updates myself and it'll be well worth it if they end up looking like that.

8. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I like the look of the Macbook Air-style one. It would seem a good move in the style direction. The key difference would be that it would be thicker than the Air, hopefully allowing similar or greater speeds with the new chipset.

9. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Wow!! I love Stevegmu's design. Hope that's the one in the works. Or something similar.

10. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Personally, I dont care for the black/matte design. It looks to much like the new gen ipods which, I also dont care for (so I suppose thats the problem lol). But it just doesnt look Mac enough. Like Raymond said, I too like Stevegmu's design.

Another one of my view's: I think the Macbook Pro is at a good thickness now, but it'd be great if they could find a happy medium between it and the Air. I'm attracted to the Pro for its look of sturdiness and I cant see Apple giving that look up too easily.

11. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

12. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Looks like the MBP keyboard will be gone forever.... New keyboards will be similar to the new aluminum desktop keyboards and the MBA.

13. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

14. sleepingworker macrumors 6502a

sleepingworker

The above re-designs were all the results of thinking "inside the box".

... but, nice enough PS skills I guess.

15. mr.light macrumors 6502

I agree. It is what came to mind after I first saw the MacBook Air.

16. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

But do you really think that the MBP and MB are going to be that much slimmer in form factor? I don't think so because Apple would not want to intrude on their MBA market. I think size and weight will be relatively unchanged, especially for the MBP.

17. mr.light macrumors 6502

No. But I do think the form factor will be similar. It will be as thick as it needs to be to hold all the goodies. I can see them using the screen and shape of the air... just thicker.

18. sleepingworker macrumors 6502a

sleepingworker

I think they will try to get the MBP as thin and light as they can while not losing what makes it a Pro machine. Isn't that what they've always done?

19. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

@ProwlingTiger: Wahey!! Someone share's my tastes.

However, I personally would like to see not much changed. I prefer our latch over the MB's, for one thing. Next, I really only wanna see a bigger trackpad(but not at the expense of a smaller clicker like the Air), the Air keyboard in black, but not thinner. I think the case right now is as thin as it can be with making it look a sleek, solid, powerful professional device. Or I could be wrong. But I'd rather they stuff the current size with goodies to the brim, rather than skimp a bit on goodies and go for thinness

20. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

Personally I think everyone one of those is ugly

21. mogzieee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats a very good point, I didn't think of that. As a kind of pathetic come back i'd probably say something just like a spacebar on a large keyboard or something lol - i don't know

22. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I like the one by bananas. I really like the new keyboard style so I hope the PowerBook keyboard will not make it to the next revision. Also, I hope the MacBook Pro will get the new style latch and feet, a (more easily) replaceable hard drive, and an extra USB port.

23. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Personally I would like to see an aluminum macbook with a graphics card that can actually hold it's own. Beyond that is all extra :)

24. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Yeah, I dont want the MBP to be too thin, and steve's looks almost like what I'd expect to see, however even it may be too thin. For me, I like the Air style one, but steve's just seemed a natural step forward. As long as it retains the full functionality and purpose of the MBP, I'm sure I'll be pleased with whatever Apple pulls out :D

25. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

All are really nice, except the first two, the last one and the 4th one (no offense to OP). stevegmu & Adokimus has a nice simple design, Cph901 will never happen (IMO), but hell, its sexy. bananas side profile is nice, but the keyboard layout and all that doesnt seem like a possibility. JWest seems like a very modest design change, may happen.