Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
giphy.gif

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
I'm starting te believe it. Remember these last few years. Almost all these leaks with cases etc. turned out to be true. No recent iPhone or iPad was a total surprise on the physical appearance part.

…except for the purported iPhone 5 design that never came to be. Remember that one where the Chinese case manufacturer's went all-in and that iPhone design never came to pass? (Instead we got that ugly, tall and skinny 5/5s design).

https://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/05/about-that-tapered-iphone-5-design/

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Both the case and the 5.6" iPhone 6 are fake .

1- power button is at top for one reason: its logical, and intuitive to find (unless you're an android hardcore fan, btw some android device also have power button on top).

Could you explain? It sounds like Apple fanboyism to me. Why exactly having power button on the top side is so intuitive? I thought it would be more intuitive to have the buttons where your fingers are and your fingers are on the left and right sides of the phone (unless you use some weird grip). Top location still works for current iPhone but with larger size you'd have to use second hand to reach it there.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
This case is very similar to some iPhone 6 images in an article at Cult of Mac by John Brownlee April 10th. The round edges seams to fit perfectly.

Another thing is that a transparent case is a perfect case to not hide the beautiful design of the iPhone 6.

http://www.cultofmac.com/273907/heres-good-proof-shows-apple-must-release-bigger-iphone-6/

Have to say that these so-called iPhone 6 "case designs" look like someone made them with a cheap 3D printer, not anything close to be mass produced.

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
Several months too soon?

Somebody is wasting money building demo molds for something not announced yet. It would seem that Apple should probably start issuing "case templates" a month or so before new releases so that users can have cases ready when the new iPhones ship... As Apple wholes refuses to make any cases of their own. Expecting companies to wait 60 days for a "known" new iPhone release to figure out and make cases on their own is silly now.

allanfries

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2013
Canada
So you take a 5S plastic case and do some photoshop magic on it to create a side by side photo as show and this is evidence for what exactly? Are people actually buying this? :roll eyes:

yawn!!

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
Could you explain? It sounds like Apple fanboyism to me. Why exactly having power button on the top side is so intuitive? I thought it would be more intuitive to have the buttons where your fingers are and your fingers are on the left and right sides of the phone (unless you use some weird grip). Top location still works for current iPhone but with larger size you'd have to use second hand to reach it there.

I use to handle my previous iPhone (I still on 4S, dont like the 5/5S design ans small screen) with one hand, and the power button on top become as intuitive that when I started to use the HTC One (m7) was too natural, instead my Samesung Note II took a while to get confortable with it side power btn.

from my experince with the HTC One m7, given the next iPhone will be very close in size (if not smaller) I find no problem with the on top power btn, unless you have child sized hands (even, not difficult, kids just grip the phone a bit close to upper side)

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I use to handle my previous iPhone (I still on 4S, dont like the 5/5S design ans small screen) with one hand, and the power button on top become as intuitive that when I started to use the HTC One (m7) was too natural, instead my Samesung Note II took a while to get confortable with it side power btn.

from my experince with the HTC One m7, given the next iPhone will be very close in size (if not smaller) I find no problem with the on top power btn, unless you have child sized hands (even, not difficult, kids just grip the phone a bit close to upper side)

Sounds to me more like you just don't want Apple to change anything because you're used to it in the current position. I don't see a single real reason why you think they shouldn't change it. It's one thing to say you prefer it in the current location rather than the side, but saying the side is not an intuitive position is just a daft comment.

Maybe because Apple should have released the 5/5s as 4:3. the 4-inch 16:9 propotion is fugly.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion, but personally I think the 4:3 aspect ratio is fugly. Looks like a short, fat penguin as opposed to the tall and slim (like the legs of a model) 16:9 aspect ratio.

CPx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
I think the size of the iPhone 5/s is so awkward. I can't believe they're keeping the same screen dimensions and just making it bigger. Huge missed opportunity.
They are not keeping the same dimensions.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Both the case and the 5.6" iPhone 6 are fake .

1- power button is at top for one reason: its logical, and intuitive to find (unless you're an android hardcore fan, btw some android device also have power button on top).

2- if Apple builds a 5.6" iDevice will be an iPod Touch focused on gamers/kids, loaded with an bigger screen (with lower quality) and a battery strong enough for 3h of harcore gameplay.

And you know how...? lol. No one knows. Who cares, time will tell.

abhimat.gautam

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Could the side button be a shutter release button for the camera? The volume up button works ok for this right now, but sometimes I find my finger covering up the lens when I try to use the volume button as a shutter release. Putting it on the other side would solve that problem, at least for me. Plus, it might be nice to also have it launch the camera app too when it is not running.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I recall certain case manufacturers ditching thousands of pre-made cases based on misinformation. Sometimes, jumping the gun isn't smart (unless they legitimately have spec from Apple, in which case - pun unintended - they would be under an NDA).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.