Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
I asked Federico Ciccarese to do some more precise measurements.

He gets the same width as the iPhone 5S, but slightly taller and a 4.7" screen

iPhone 5S overlayed. iPhone 5S dimensions (mm) in red. iPhone 6 dimensions in blue.
iPhone 6 Dimensions: 2.3" x 5.1" with 4.7" Diagonal Screen

That.........would be really sad.

Nobody making these jokes were really serious, yet here we go ...

iphone8.jpeg

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Yep, I posted that earlier. WWDC wouldn't surprise me.

Actually, that would make a lot of sense. With a new display you would need to make developers aware of a change in screen size. I wonder if iPad apps would run on this new iPhone natively........

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
Is it just me, or does the front-facing camera appear slightly larger than the current one, at least compared to the earpiece speaker (this would be expected)?

There was an article on macrumors yesterday that said Sony may be supplying new front facing cameras. This could be the reason.

jb007clone

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2006
Just FYI: Dust, debris, finger grease and camera blur can be realistically faked. This is a render of an iPhone 6 concept.

10667813694_4134fa8906_b.jpg

My money is now on fake.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Just FYI: Dust, debris, finger grease and camera blur can be realistically faked. This is a render of an iPhone 6 concept.

My money is now on fake.

These images are way more compelling than that, which is obviously a render. Multiple angles, multiple shots, interior and exterior, they look too good to be fake.

jb007clone

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2006
These images are way more compelling than that, which is obviously a render. Multiple angles, multiple shots, interior and exterior, they look too good to be fake.

How is that "obviously" a render? Multiple angles, shots = real?

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
Ya know,

There's an old trick for card counters where a marked deck has a symbol placed just ever so slightly to one side or another and only the person producing the deck can read the back of the card.

If I was in charge of controlled leaks at Apple and trying to find the loyal employees , I would have different teams work on various models of BS phones until the rat was caught.

How ? Good question ! Perhaps use the old card trick and place the apple logo from different teams in different positions so when the leaked photos appear on the internet I could EASILY calculate the measurements and track the team member that has to be cut. RAT !

BgTAXPBCIAANwHt.jpg-large.jpg

I ask you all, does that Apple logo seem like it's put in the correct spot ?

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Does anyone have an actual reference for liquidmetal being radio transparent? By "actual" I mean an interview or paper by someone who actually knows rather than just some anonymous comment or rumor.

I have my doubts, and I think this has become something that "everyone knows" without anyone actually knowing.

Why couldn't they just insert plastic where it needs to be mold over it and paint it all the same color making it look like one big aluminum piece? Making for one clean looking back.

WallToWallMacs

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2014
It'll be interesting to see what happens - I'd love to see a a larger iPhone as I am using my phone a lot more than I did in the past particularly when it comes to use Reddit, Macrumors and replying to email. With the slow sales I wonder what they'll be doing with the 5C - it would be a great phone if it were offered to customers free on a low tire contract because right now the difference between an iPhone 5S and 5C is so small that many are just opting to pay the little bit extra - reminds me years ago of the MacBook option that didn't include a DVD writing thus saving the customer a 'massive' $50.

Renzatic

Suspended
How is that "obviously" a render? Multiple angles, shots = real?

Honestly, anything and everything can be easily faked these days, and these shots have just as much of a chance of being real as they do being fake.

Pointing out that X effect can be faked in a 3D render, or Y isn't in line with what Apple usually does doesn't objectively prove anything. It only draws attention to the possibility that it could be faked. And considering that Apple's been pretty leak heavy these last couple of years, it really could go either way.

I'm hoping they're real myself. Cuz that's a damn good looking phone.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Haven't gone through all the posts to see if this has been noted but the assembled one has gold and the rest are silver. Could it be the end of black for the back?

tRYSIS3

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
fake

No way could the bezel on top be larger than on the bottom my ocd would kill me if true.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
The silver shell looks legit but the completely assembled gold one looks fake. Doesn't it seem odd that there are 4-5 photos of a silver shell and then one completely assembled gold one lying on top? Plus the gold ring around the home button looked raised which is not how the button is on the 5S. But the biggest reason I think the gold one is fake as I don't think Apple will do asymmetrical bezels. One, because their design ethos seem to prefer symmetry, two, because it looks just like some of the concept renders we've seen and third it would look too much like a Galaxy S3/4 design. Seems to me it would be pretty easy to photoshop a render in there.

BgT1aI2IUAA1qTw.jpg_large-642x481.jpg

Smoothies

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2014
Ya know,

There's an old trick for card counters where a marked deck has a symbol placed just ever so slightly to one side or another and only the person producing the deck can read the back of the card.

If I was in charge of controlled leaks at Apple and trying to find the loyal employees , I would have different teams work on various models of BS phones until the rat was caught.

How ? Good question ! Perhaps use the old card trick and place the apple logo from different teams in different positions so when the leaked photos appear on the internet I could EASILY calculate the measurements and track the team member that has to be cut. RAT !

I ask you all, does that Apple logo seem like it's put in the correct spot ?

I ask you, if they went through this much trouble making these 'fake renderings' why in god's name would they not get the Apple logo placement correct? The answer: they wouldn't. In my opinion they couldn't make a mistake like that lol...

Jett0516

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2010
Its look fake because it's a prototype. I like where the design and form is heading.

Good job iphone 6 prototype leaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.