Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amegicfox

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2016
nyc
The HUMP again!!!! Jony, the back needs to be FLAT or CURVED like the iPhone 3S. NO disgusting WARTS or MOLES allowed. It looks horrible like the previous 3 versions.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
thats because theres nothing yet better for a car than the wheel. if there were, they would drop it. a digital port is arguably better than an old analog port, which is why it will get dropped. even Intel is pushing for its removal in chipsets.
There's better tire technology that doesn't burst and requires virtually no replacement. Ever. They don't drop it because there's not as much money in that.

Similarly this "better" tech Apple is supposedly going to offer may be nothing more than a way to sell more adapters and certified headphones.

IMO going away from a standard to a proprietary ANYTHING is always bad news for the consumer.

Kiwikat88

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
Texas
thats because theres nothing yet better for a car than the wheel. if there were, they would drop it. a digital port is arguably better than an old analog port, which is why it will get dropped. even Intel is pushing for its removal in chipsets.

Do you understand how headphones work? All you're doing is moving where the digital to analog converter is. In this case a digital port will only be better than the analog port if the DAC provided by the headphone manufacturer or adapter dongle is better than the DAC inside of the iPhone. It really has nothing to do with the port at all.

DenonHD8

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
New Orleans, La
Yawn. who really listens to music out of phone speakers anyway? make iOS and the apple music app better. In particular downloading my entire playlist to the phone and not stopPing half way through. annoying.

I'm with you on that! I'm hoping for a MAJOR bump in storage space, so I can fit my entire CD collection my phone - without using the cloud - not that I'll ever listen to it in one sitting, but it would be nice to pull up any song on a whim.

Reactions: JGIGS
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.