Already in upgrade program, could you get a reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JustCrusin, Sep 9, 2016.

1. JustCrusin macrumors member

I was on when the site opened:

We’re not taking any more reservations to upgrade your iPhone right now.
    Reservations will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on September 17. Please come back then to make a reservation.

Most likely we will not be able to get the next generation on release day because of this. I know..first world problems, but....

2. evalea macrumors newbie

Nope. Even worse I couldn't even get that far. I kept getting one page which said I was in the program but when I went to check to see if the phone was eligible it told me wasn't enrolled. WTF? I bought it on release day last year in store using the program.

3. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I was able to luckily get one. Picking up over my lunch next Friday.

4. paula6989 macrumors newbie

Yes, me and my husband got 9/16 pickup dates. 8am.

5. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

6. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

Nope. No 256 GB 7 pluses in any color in my state.

Damn TMobile.

7. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Couldn't get any of the blacks in a 7+ but managed to get a silver 128 7+ for 9am reservation. My first white faced phone! Oh well not my first choice but at least I'm in at launch. I'll see if they have any blacks when I'm there.

8. ramonabynes macrumors regular

ramonabynes

What has happened to the current upgrade program participants is a tragedy. I just signed up for it this morning. Hopefully, they have their stock together next year. I'm thinking and hoping that this new design will be simplified and not have the pitfall of having so many color choices (if any)

9. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

It'll be worse next year trust me. I can't wait:confused:

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

i was able to get 2 or the same phone

idk how

11. Stratus Fear macrumors 6502

What they really need to do honestly is not force IUP members to go to a store to upgrade. As much as I hate AT&T, they do it right with Next. When I upgraded with Next last year via apple.com, everything was online. AT&T emailed me a shipping label the day my phone arrived at my door, and I just had to box up the old one and drop it at the post office on my way to work. Absolutely no hassle. Having to make a reservation at an Apple Store with uncertain stock is pretty unfriendly to people who signed up with this program, because they obviously signed up with the purpose of being able to do an easy trade at launch day each year. That's the biggest draw to the program. And then to top it off the reservation system seemingly not working at all this year.

I signed up for the IUP this time with the 7. I didn't quite realize all this crap up front though (my fault obviously, need to read the fine print closely), but if Apple doesn't fix this by next year I'm not going to be a happy customer.

12. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

I seriously thought about the IUP this year but the instore trade in turned me off. NEXT isn't the best but I like to know that I have the option to order online and have my phone shipped or go instore if I choose to. Stayed with next again this year- already preordered my phone for launch day shipping- and will see if Apple fixes the program.

13. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

No problems here. I was 100% Logged in to my Account on my iPad Pro and reserved my 7 Plus 128GB Matte Black

My speculation is Apple gives preference to accounts logged in on Apple devices if your on a PC or Mac you don't get bumped to the front of the line.

14. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Struggled but got through and reserved a 256gb matte black for pickup (7 plus). Wanted jet black but definitely not complaining.

15. DetTigers macrumors regular

My reservation no longer shows up in the App under "my reservations". This happen to anyone else?

16. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Everything went smooth for me. Only issue was that there were no 128 7+ available in either black color. I had settled on matte but was debating whether I wanted to go back to black or not, so I was ok with going silver this year. No biggie.

17. Nikhil72, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016

Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Yeah actually just checked and it's gone it was there when I went to sleep..

Edit. It's back. Weird.

18. riseboi macrumors member

I was able to get a 128GB Black 7+. Mine does not currently show either. However, I did add the reservation to my Apple Wallet, so I at least have that right now.

19. Sheboygan macrumors member

Sheboygan

Here's what did by mistake, but Apple fixed it:

I am in the Upgrade Program with my 6S. I used the iPhone App to mistakenly order a 7+ 256GB Black. I wanted to reserve for the in-store upgrade. When I received the confirmation email that my order was placed I realized that I ordered another phone- not a replacement.

However, I called Apple and they confirmed through the Retail Store offices that I can receive the phone I ordered and take it to a store to process a refund and then turn around and buy it as the upgrade on my Upgrade Program. That's pretty sweet of Apple, I think. Otherwise I'd be waiting to November at this point...

20. Bugdozer macrumors member

Was not able to get mine for the first time in years. This upgrade program is a joke. There should have been availability to those that participated in the program. So what happens now when I am stuck paying a 13th payment waiting to get a phone? Does this screw me up for the release next year as I may not have 12 payments done? This was an epic fail that I did not expect from Apple. I stayed up to 3am just to be told no more available. Either there are fewer pluses or a much bigger demand....not happy

21. JustCrusin thread starter macrumors member

To add insult to injury Apple sends an email at 3:30AM that I am eligible for my upgrade...except everything is already gone.

22. TheBurgerKing macrumors member

Nope. I could not get a reservation. I had my iPad logged into the website and my iPhone logged into the Apple Store App too. Not happy. The IUP is crap.

23. burntice macrumors member

Good to know your experiences. Almost got into the program but glad I didn't. You would think they would grant customer in the program priority since they are making $$$ on the front and back end.

24. melman101 macrumors 68030

Only got a silver 256 for my wife. There were no blacks anywhere. I couldn't get into the store by 3:05am. Hopefully they get their ball going.