Already scratched my screen argh

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SparkFlash, Sep 28, 2016.

1. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

4 days and I already scratched my 7+ screen. Fell off my nightstand and mustve dragged on something like the edge of the nightstand. All I know is there is a long scratch line on the screen.

Anyone know if the Apple stores have replacements screens for these? Same ones as 6+?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

and this is why I installed my glass screen protector right out of the box. and I don't think they have screen replacements on the 7/7+ yet. you can check with apple though.

3. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Color gamut is different between 6+ and 7+

I think the speaker hole is different too due to the stereo speaker.

4. buck1127 macrumors 6502a

buck1127

Yeah a tempered screen protector and case right from the box

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Take it to the Apple Store. A friend of mine dropped his new 7 Plus on his first day and cracked the screen and the guy at the Apple Store disappeared for a few minutes and came out with a brand new retail box 7 Plus. Needless to say they made my friend a customer for LIFE!

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Wow. That is customer service. I don't think I have ever heard Apple doing this before. Nice.

7. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

My housemate had a busted up 2011 17" MBP (well, still has it, currently in the Apple Store for the graphics replacement). Top case was utterly warped and destroyed. £300 or so to fix.

It was around Christmas time. I went into the store with my wallet brimmed. When they pushed the payment through the system, they shrugged and said it somehow came under AppleCare and was free of charge.

I was astounded. Wished them a very Merry Christmas and practically skipped out of the store. :D :oops:

8. jkroach macrumors newbie

I have a cracked screen on my 7+ and am waiting for a replacement device as they are not yet doing screen replacements.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My concern in terms of in store replacement would be the glue used for the water resistance. Does anyone know if this is even something reasonably doable in store? I'd think you'd have similar limitations as does the Watch.

10. NewtonPippin macrumors regular

How are you guys already destroying your phones? :rolleyes:

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

[​IMG]

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I literally had the screen protector ready to go as soon as removed the plastic screen wrap. The second I removed the wrap I put on the protector before dust could enter!

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I started using one when I got my 6 plus. I like it so much, I will use it on any future phone I get.

14. SparkFlash thread starter macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

I put mine on a book on my night stand. Apparently it wasn't 100% flat and slowly it slid off. I was in the other room and heard something fall. Sucks.

15. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

They don't, my wife cracked her screen 24 hours into ownership and they replaced the entire phone. This was last Saturday

16. BigDO macrumors 6502

BigDO

It's just a scratch, probably invisible when using the phone. Much better than having a nasty screen protector protruding above the home button, with visible edges not covering the whole screen, with that white area around it where it's not sticking to the edges. Ugh. No thanks.

17. Rocko99 macrumors member

Cue all the 'I have had every iPhone and none of them have ever ever had any scratches'. They all do. Put a glass screen protector on it. Cheap insurance.

18. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

How do you really feel about screen protectors?

19. kerrikins macrumors 65816

Maybe they've changed since the last time I had one (probably two or three years ago) but I found they interfered with the screen clarity, plus didn't have the nice feel that the actual screen had.

20. BigDO macrumors 6502

BigDO

Nope, I didn't say that. I said IT WILL get scratched. However most are microscratches, visible only when screen is off and bright light shined onto the screen. Even bigger scratches (not cracks) are invisible with screen on. So what? I'd still rather use the phone as intended than covered in some glass condom.

21. SparkFlash thread starter macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

No its a really noticeable scratch. Like I said, it mustve dragged on something during the fall. Something that wasn't too obvious I wouldn't care. Trust me.

22. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Yup, I did this too. Case was ready as well!

23. Jdnathan11 macrumors newbie

Apples customer service is second to one. They have been known to grant a one time, get out of jail free card, if you will. The best!

24. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I think you meant "second to none". :)