Already tired of iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by nouveau-apple, Nov 15, 2014.

1. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

maps will be forever challenged. and the thing is. apple doesn't even like the maps but they can't go back or they will be seen as non trustworthy. so they just fired forstall. i kind of liked him too.

but whoever is in charge of ios 8 they also should be fired.

AND here we were just last year talking about the invigorations that iOS 7 would bring. I'm already

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

You forget to realize Apple's contract with Google was up and Google refused to update the app.

Forstall did a lot of things wrong too, you know. A lot of the glitches though has to do with Apple's quality control which doesn't seem to have the extreme nit picking characteristics they ought to have.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Another useless post complaining about Apple. How surprising.

4. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

5. I7guy macrumors G5

Maps is great, been using it all over pacific norrhwest and south west. It works perfectly for what I need it for.

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You are overlooking the many new features of iOS 8 just because of Maps?

For one, Maps is good enough for me (it gets me to where I need to be) that I can safely use it over Google Maps (which I am) and not lose out in any way.

Second, I feel the redesign in iOS 7 was necessary to make possible newer features like extensions. You really need a unified and cohesive design language (i.e.: no more skeumorphisms) to be able to group multiple random app icons together in a universal share sheet and not make any of them look out of place.

All in all, I am thoroughly enjoying iOS 8 and look forward to seeing what iOS 9 brings to the table. Fired? The people on the iOS team deserves a bonus and a nice holiday for their efforts thus far! :)

7. DoctorKrabs macrumors 6502a

DoctorKrabs

Maybe if Apple allowed downgrades, he wouldn't.

8. illusionmist macrumors member

If only there were other maps apps in the App Store...

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So you're already tired of iOS 8 yet your iPhone was stolen and you are waiting to get the 6 until it is available unlocked So how have you been using iOS 8 to get tired of it? :rolleyes:

Or is it the more likely explanation that you are simply trolling again.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Maps seems pretty cool to me.

Attached Files:

11. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

And your point is?

12. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

:eek:

LMAO

No

13. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

It's cool until you zoom in. :D

14. I7guy macrumors G5

It's even cool zoomed in.

15. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

You're bored with iOS 8 because you feel the native map data is unreliable?

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If only there were other choices out there for you besides Apple. How unfortunate :rolleyes:

17. Calebtt macrumors newbie

I don't think I could get tied of an OS because of one app, with that said, I think they have done a pretty good job with maps in such a short time.

18. XmeX macrumors regular

Maps is sucks, it doesn't work in my region
    Why I don't have the option to make Google maps the default?!

19. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Yes, but this is MacRumors... the place where people whine and moan because Apple doesn't meet their specific needs, yet choose to twiddle their thumbs instead of finding another company that actually does meet their needs.

Apple does listen to customer feedback, but money is always going to speak louder than words- stop buying Apple products if you really want to send a message to them.

20. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

21. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

I'm by no means an Apple evangelist, as years of trust and use compels me to use Google Maps whenever I'm out looking for something in the live field. However, Google Maps really let me down the other day when I was trying to find a pretty popular chain location in ta close Philadelphia suburb.

So what happened? I fired up the search on Apple Maps and it guided me to the exact location I needed to go.

I've heard more than a few say that Google Maps had been unreliable for them, and had always brushed it off because I've never had a problem with it. But now I'm a believer that you can't explicitly (or implicitly) depend on one company's map data over another.

Both Google Maps and Apple Maps are not perfect. And they probably never will be. I do play my part on reporting errors (or helping to fix map data nearby me, time permitting) whenever possible, do you?

22. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

It wasn't that Google wouldn't update the app as more of Google wanted a lot more branding and Apple told them "My Way or the Highway".

23. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

Apple don't allow downgrades - Full Stop. So get over it or go elsewhere....

Another pointless flame-bait thread....

24. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

there was an error loading the page so it is reloading

i never got this error in safari on ios6. worked perfectly. somehow apple managed to make ios7/8 complete utter ****.

25. recklesslife85, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014

recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

iOS 8 looks like crap in my opinion, lags in some cases. You can tell Jobs is no longer around. Cook and Ive don't have that middle man to mentor them and push them, which they still need with all there experience. Things can only get better right?

I own a Plus and a OnePlus One running Lollipop so no I'm not biased or a fanboy of any company.