Alright back to the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronincse, Aug 31, 2016.

1. ronincse macrumors regular

ronincse

After much internal debate I have decided it's time to go back to an iPhone. For almost my entire smartphone owning life I have had an Android and it has been ok but honestly I don't know why I stick with it. I always like to upgrade to the newest thing and I always end up disappointed and annoyed with it a couple months later. Right now I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, so pretty much still the latest thing, and there are just so many tiny things that I don't experience on my iPad (and didn't experience on my iPhone 6) that I just can't take it anymore. Battery life sucks, I have had it off the charger for like 2 hours with not much SOT and it was down to 90%. Bluetooth audio gives me tons of trouble, sometimes my wireless headphones take like 30 seconds to actually connect, sometimes the phone won't allow media audio to them without a reset, etc... Then there are the normal Android issues with laggy programs and Chrome still kind of sucking. These aren't issues with the S7 either, my two phones before it were the last two Moto X models and they had similar problems (actually worse in some cases).

These are minor things, I have a desk job and I have a wireless charger next to me so the battery is never actually an issue, and waiting like 30 seconds to play a podcast isn't a big deal, but I don't want to deal with this crap anymore.

Well sorry about this basically being a big rant...it wasn't my intention but I guess I have more frustration built up with my phone than I thought ;). Anyways basically my way of saying I can't wait to get back into the ecosystem and next Wednesday can't come soon enough.

2. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I recently had the same issue with my S7 Edge. Didn't like it at all. I agree, so many tiny things that just irritated me. The biggest thing for me was the battery life....it was horrible!!! I don't see how people say it's better than the 6s plus battery?? My iPhone's battery is WAY better! This morning I've been using my phone (6s+) for about an hour on and off and it's not left 100% yet. My S7E would have been at 90% already, guaranteed.

3. dj1891 macrumors regular

dj1891

There must be a thread like this every other day, someone leaving Android and going back to iOS. I did the same BTW, got pissed of with my Nexus 5X and android issues.

4. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

I'm going to make one now. You better comment the same thing what you just said LOL

5. ronincse thread starter macrumors regular

ronincse

To be fair: the reverse of my thread tends to show up all the time on Android focused forums too. Just depends on what each person finds more important and how much certain things annoy them.

6. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

About to do the same. In a way i already have. The LG G5 has been my main device since it came out but since I got iPhone SE (solely to test ios 10) i've been using the G5 less and less. The betas have been running smoothly and with the one person I use iMessage with, it's the best messaging app (apart from Whatsapp). Android has come a long way and its close to perfect but nothing beats how smoothly iOS works on mobile devices. Nothing.

7. chrisforpm macrumors regular

Some days it's like hitting my head up against a brick wall. I leave my iPhone 6s+ at home and take my note 5 out for the day. By lunch time my battery is down below half - some app running chewed through the battery. I find android OS clunky (just my opinion). I keep asking myself when will I learn and just sell it and stick with my iPhone.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I had a Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro phone once. HTC Touch Pro.

That was 2009.

Got an iPhone 5 in 2012, a 6+ in Feb. 2015 and a 6S+ in September 2015. The 6S+ is what I am using now.

I had an Android tablet last year. LG G Pad 7.0. It was free.

I traded that POS in to T-Mobile for an iPad Air 2.

#NeverAndroid

I have one 17" PowerBook G4 (2003) at home and one 17" Intel MacBook Pro (2006). My main Mac is a 2001 PowerMac G4 Quicksilver.

Google and Dropbox keep me straight on all my devices because Apple doesn't support me, doesn't support Leopard 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard 10.6.8. How much you want to bet that I give a flying whatever about Apple's ecosystem? :)

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Honestly one of the few bad reviews I've seen for the 7 edge, particularly regarding battery and Bluetooth.

Anyway, buy what makes you happy. Nonsense sticking with androidnif you hate it. I have a gen 1 moto x for work (I also bought a nexus 5x when it was in flash sale but I'm on the fence if I want to replace a free work phone with it) and honestly think it's just fine with no real issues. But if I had years if issues I'd have no qualms dumping a platform.

10. HEK Suspended

HEK

Ok let's take a vote.......who on here cares if someone leaves android for iPhone or leaves iPhone for android? Raise your hand if you care.

I don't raise my hand.

11. erayser, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016

erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Wouldn't it be amazing if there were a phone that has 100% customer satisfaction? 1 bad review doesn't mean everyone has the same experience. That goes for both platforms. I've posted a few screen shots on my S7 Edge usage... and I don't have issues with batteries or bluetooth...

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...android-lesson-learned.1990174/#post-23290816
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...d-lesson-learned.1990174/page-3#post-23297707

I'm more of a high data usage user (40gb+ with 2 days left in cycle)... mostly video's and music. I don't game. Other than streaming, I use my phone for calling, texting, email, and browsing. From my screen shots... my phone last more than a day. Very comparable to my iPhone 6 plus... which I swap sims with once in a while. Even if I've been happy with my S7 Edge (battery, bluetooth, etc...), no reason not to believe the OP. No particular phone is going to satisfy everyone... or have the same experience. Everyone uses their phones differently.

11pm EDIT: Took some screenshots before going to bed and putting my phone on charger. Don't see any issues with battery. A little over 50% usage.... 16h 47m on battery since a little after 6am this morning. Estimated usage time remaining 11h 35 min. Streamed a good amount of video's and music. (1.7gb of data today). I don't see reason to be upset with this... especially on Android.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comparable to my 6 plus, but I can only imagine what iOS would do with a 3600 mAh battery. If only we can install iOS on a S7 Edge. :)
    Goodnight all...