Also dissapointed there was no new iphone anounced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tokyo1138, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Tokyo1138 macrumors member

Like the title said. Its not like i watched the presentation live, but still when i read the after reports. I became a little bit disepointed there was no new product... I dont care (too much) for new software... I love to see new hardware!... Still if they didnt changed much this this next version (agian) i might just stick with with the note 2 i got till its empty... It stil does its job right plus the sd card is still a plus... And other other thing to get off my chest.:mad: if they stil stick with the same 16,32,64 gb standard i wont buy it at all. I jaut saying phone this days need atleast 32 gigs... Start with that apple! Then Built up from there (64, 128 sd cards arent that too expensive) sorry just my latest apple rant! Sometimes it just seems there deliberately want the get the consumers up the walls about this... Well thats all for today... Love to hear you guys opinions about this...
    Many thanks.
    An apple (ipad) fan since the start :apple::p:eek:

2. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

To be perfectly honest, as has happened since 2012, the majority of us have been expecting an autumn (September probably) release.

3. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Since this was WWDC, I was only expecting software. I can be patient for new product news, iPhone 5 still works just fine. I may even buy the next phone without the subsidy to get away from contract extensions.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I was never expecting an Iphone announcement, but I figured there would be some new tech announcement (Iwatch, appleTV or something)

5. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

In ad secretly hoped for a preview, ala Mac Pro last year. But didnt have my hopes up. And thus, not really disappointed.

6. 869639 macrumors 6502

WWDC is usually about software end -- at least thats what apple has been making it to be unless of course there is a minor mid cycle refresh happening such as with Mac's.

So I'm not disappointed because I did not expect any iPhone / iPad hardware to be announced today.

----------

Apple doesn't use SD cards....you know that right? They use and only use Flash storage.

I just hope they include USB 3.0 support in the next iPhone and yes I will agree that 32GB should be standard but it seems that people are doing well away with 16GB (especially many non-expandable Android phones still selling with 16GB capacity....) So to get over my "hopes" I know that Apple will not dump 16GB this year because too many people are still doing just fine with it (not me tho -- I go for the biggest)

7. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Most customers are on the same upgrade schedule as there releases of iPhones. Apple knows this and would not release a new iPhone 4 months before had. I'm sure they want to maximize the most sales. OS X Yosemite looks amazing and iOS 8 will be killer!!!:cool:

8. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Looking at the keynote slides for iOS 8, it seemed like the iPhone unit used to demonstrate iOS 8 had the same side button configuration as leaked schematics of iPhone 6.

I think we got some clues… even if there was no outright reveal.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I sincerely doubt that. People are on contracts which start on every day of the year. Mine is 6th June, and has been for over ten years. Way before the first iPhone was released.

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I was so busy today I didn't even check news till maybe 4pm est. was kind of shocked there wasn't anything new

11. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

There's no reason, at all, to be shocked. Again, WWDC is about software. Occasionally something will happen and a new laptop version might be released or something, but the past several years have made it clear: they preview the next version of iOS at WWDC, and then the new iPhone iteration comes out about the time the next iOS is ready.

If they released a phone today, you'd have new hardware running on the same old software. Which doesn't make for a good launch.

12. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

He's talking about all those people who buy new iPhones when they first come out.

13. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

I died a little inside. But still have hope for say July-ish.

14. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

Do you expect motorcycles to be presented at a car show and then start ranting when it obviously won't happen?

15. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

World
    Wide
    Developers
    Conference

What about the title makes you expect new hardware?

Or do you think it's,

Where
    We
    Debut
    Cell phones

16. HRPufnstuf macrumors member

Not everyone who was expecting some hardware announcement today was expecting iPhone. Historically Apple has announced new hardware of some sort at WWDC(3 I believe have actually been iPhones). I mean it's not that big of a deal really whatever they've got, it'll get here when it gets here. But all you people saying Apple doesn't announce hardware at WWDC are simply wrong.

17. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Almost every Apple device has higher sales numbers than Mac Pro; and they would have seriously risked Osborning themselves with a "preview". The Mac Pro was also so far out on its life span, there wasn't much left to Osborne it before the trash can was announced. If anything, it could have prevented a few defections to Windows..

----------

Will you be buying the 5S by this weekend??

18. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Apple has not introduced an iPhone at WWDC since iPhone 4 in 2010. The famous keynote where Steve Jobs started up with the joke, "Stop me if you've seen this before." That was in reference to the Gizmodo stolen iPhone 4 leak.

19. 617aircav Suspended

Lol. The OP will be saying the same thing at next year's wwdc.

20. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hard to believe that so many set themselves up for this disappointment.

My favorite is "the store is not closed". LOL!

21. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It's called world wide developer conference. Developer means new software, APIs, etc.

Not world wide "omg shiny new phones" conference.

22. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

New iPhones aren't announced this early in the year.

23. rockitdog macrumors 68020

People who thought that Apple would introduce new hardware yesterday clearly aren't with the program. Apple's schedule has remained fairly consistent for some time now.

24. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

iOS 8 arrives this fall. Why would they announce the new phone only to have it release with iOS 7?

25. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Not a hard concept to grasp... for most.

Its the same every year. It's WWDC time, release the retards... :rolleyes: