Altra Running Shoes - Impulse Flash sale $49.00

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BasicGreatGuy, Jun 25, 2017.

1. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

For those of you who are runners and enjoy a wide toe box and zero drop, Altra is having a flash sale for their new Impulse Flash shoes. Sizes for men are limited to size 9 and under, as the sale has been going on all weekend. I just ordered 8 pairs; 5 pairs of the blue and 3 pairs of the black. Normally the shoes are $129.00. I am guessing this is the last day of the flash sale.

I have been wearing Altra shoes for years, and really enjoy them on the street, as well as the trail.

https://www.altrarunning.com

2. Zenithal Suspended

Don't wear them, but I have tried them at the store. Some of the models are very light. Lighter than the ones Nike puts out in their ultralight range. No decline in cushioning, though. I don't run as much as I used to, but I'd advise anyone to look into the reported mileage people had their shoes for. With Altra, it seems some models disintegrate around the 200 mi mark.

3. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

While it is true some people have reported low mileage (200 - 250) with some of the models, many others have gotten much farther. A lot of it depends on one's natural gait, as well as other factors. The same can be said of other running shoes.

I do well to get 300 miles out of a pair of running shoes (generally speaking). My Altra Paradigm 2.0 have been the exception.

It is recommended to rotate shoes on a regular basis, as well as exchanging shoes around the 250 - 300 mile mark.

Shoes.com is another good site with regular sales (some better than others). Right now they have a 25% off sale going on for most of their shoes, I just ordered 3 pair of Altra One v3 saving me $25.00 a shoe with no tax and free shipping.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Looks like the sale is over. How do they handle returns if you order online and it does not fit?

5. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

They have an excellent policy. You can return or exchange with 30 days no questions asked. Shoes can be new or used when returned or exchanged.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Do you pay for the return?
    Thanks!

7. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You call and get an RMA number, and then a UPS shipping label is emailed to you. I have never had a problem returning any shoe to them.

I had a chance to go for a run in the new Impulse Flash and they are very comfortable, not to mention a little wild looking during the day. At night, they do a great job of reflecting light. Depending on the light intensity against them, it almost looks like the shoes are light powered.

Another place that has a very good return policy is running warehouse.com, as well as shoes.com.

I have 14 pairs of running shoes on the way to me (3 different models). Given the amount of miles I run a week, shoes don't last as long as some may think.

8. Zenithal Suspended

Cool site. Are they anything like Zappos.com? I've bought trainers from Zappos before in the past because they had color or style options unique to them, giving them an advantage over other retailers.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Not to sound like a jerk, but don't wear your knees out. Make future plans for a time when relying on other forms of exercise besides running will be a necessity. :)

10. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I haven't used Zappos, so I can't comment about any comparison. I have used shoes.com numerous times without any problems. For some reason, they get the new Altra models for sale, before most others (even when they don't show on the Altra site). Shoes.com is good about sending free members email coupons.

Between the three sites I mentioned, I usually can find great deals on my running shoes. Occasionally., Amazon has a good price for a day or a few hours and I make a purchase.

I will check out Zappos and see what kind of selection and business policy they have.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 27, 2017 ---
    I also have an Elliptical that I use. ;) It allows me to sit down and get my sweat on while watching t.v. ;)

Lots of lovely ladies run where I go, which is a nice cardio benefit as well. ;)

11. Zenithal Suspended

I think Amazon owns Zappos or used to. I may be wrong, though. I'll have to check out shoes.com, though. Do they have a decent size estimator/print out sheet? I tend to try athletic shoes in store and buy online, because it's far cheaper online. I saved $40 on a pair of Nike crosstrainers two years ago. Footlocker and similar were charging the MSRP $130.

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Thanks for the thread I've never heard of these

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Zappos is owned by Amazon, but their operations are completely separate. Zappos is amazing. I highly recommend.

Shoes.com is now in Walmart’s portfolio, as of April 2017. It was purchased by Walmart’s subsidiary, ShoeBuy.com

14. Zenithal Suspended