Alu Macbook felt down (pictures). What to do?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thorbenh, May 3, 2009.

1. thorbenh macrumors member

Hi all,

coming back from travelling, I was shocked when I saw the Top Lid of my Unibody Macbook. This is the second thing that happend to my Macbook without notice when it happend. Strange.

Now I got an ugly scratch on the right side of the Alu bezel and an ugly, but "clean" bent of the top left edge of the bezel. Since that happened, I can not close the screen properly.The left side stays open for one milimeter.

As I could`t find any solution to let it fixed without exchanging the WHOLE screen (abou 900 USD) I think I need to live with it.

But: I reallywould like to sell it soon as I want to buy a MBP due to the bigger screen and resolution. Now I was wondering what you would recommend me to liquidize the Macbook best possible. Try to bent the edge back carefully? I think I am VERY lucke that the glass did not broke ... but that could happen when I try to bent it back. Aluminium is not hard, but glass is.

What do you think: How big is the percentage that I need to deduct from the latest list price to sell it this way (2.4Ghz, 320Gb, 2GB RAM, everythink else looks fine, purchased 11/2008).

I attached some pictures to show you.

Thank you for any reply.

Attached Files:

2. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Just live with it, it gives the computer character and Apple will charge you your life savings to fix it.

3. trevpimp macrumors regular

trevpimp

Ouch.............

Maybe next you would be more careful :D

I wouldn't sell it. It still works the way it should right? You don't need to sell it. ;)

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ain't this the most bare, honest and most sad truth ever.

5. thorbenh thread starter macrumors member

maybe not the answers, I expected ;)
    Of course, it is working without any flaws. But still, I would like to have a MBP within 2009. So, I WILL sell it (not because the dent).

To be honest, I do not expect everybody on the market (like ebay) is crazy as us and would mind SOOO much about the dent and the scratch (it is a workhorse and not jewelry for 99% ... :)

Still I love the MB.

6. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

It is kinda hard to give you a suggestion on the price that you should ask for when selling your MB. I guess it all comes down to how desperate you are to sell that MB, how much you are willing to drop the price, & so on...

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

if you still love it, then keep it.