Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What screen does your Alu MB have and how do you rate it?

• 9C89 and it's good.

Votes: 96 39.0%
  • 9C89 and it's so so.

Votes: 42 17.1%
  • 9C89 and it's bad.

Votes: 28 11.4%
  • 9C5E and it's good.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 9C5E and it's so so.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 9C5E and it's bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9C8C and it's good.

Votes: 49 19.9%
  • 9C8C and it's so so.

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • 9C8C and it's bad.

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters

Khabbi

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
I just purchased mine last week from the Apple online store, and it came with this:

MFG: 00000610
Model : 9CA6

Serial number shows mfg of 2009, week 16 (about 2 weeks ago from Today, May 8).

Has anyone seen this model yet? I've searched everywhere and can't find anyone mentioning it yet.

Most importantly, I am very impressed with the screen, nice blacks and contrast, way better than the display models they have at the local Apple store (I just went there on lunch to compare). I'll post a screen shot later when I get home.

photoqun.jpg

aaronearles

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2009
Lol, a screen shot isn't going to do much good :D

I have a 9c8c, my girlfriend has a 9c89, mine is great, I haven't used hers enough to notice, but I'll compare tonight and maybe take some pics.

aaronearles

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2009
Lol, a screen shot isn't going to do much good :D

I have a 9c8c, my girlfriend has a 9c89, mine is great, I haven't used hers enough to notice, but I'll compare tonight and maybe take some pics.

Oh, and they were purchased at the same time.

CarlisleUnited

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Nederland
I have the 9c8c and it alright but sometimes it looks like the image is interlaced, even when the source isn't interlaced a small but noticeable annoyance

Khabbi

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
Once again, the vocal minority makes an issue out of nothing. Great work guys.

Once again, you have nothing to contribute. Why even post?

Are you saying that knowing that Macbooks have different monitors with different screen qualities is nothing? Seems like something an informed person would want to know, especially if you are buying one, right?

MBHockey, do you buy the cheapest POS TV w/o reading about it anywhere first? Would it matter that some models had a better picture than some when you were getting ready to buy one?

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Once again, the vocal minority makes an issue out of nothing. Great work guys.

Once again, you have nothing to contribute. Why even post?

Are you saying that knowing that Macbooks have different monitors with different screen qualities is nothing? Seems like something an informed person would want to know, especially if you are buying one, right?

MBHockey, do you buy the cheapest POS TV w/o reading about it anywhere first? Would it matter that some models had a better picture than some when you were getting ready to buy one?

Reading MBHockey's response, you can tell that he felt cheated by Apple because he got an Alu MB with the older screens. :( Can't blame him though. I myself felt cheated by Apple as well. :( Unfortunately, this is the way life is & life is never fair. :(

neil1980

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
9C89 and it's not bad!

I'd say so so would be under rating it so have classified mine as good.

Vertical viewing angle isn't great but I don't consider that too much of a problem for a portable laptop.. I mean how hard is it exactly to angle it so you're dead on facing it?

Colours, contrast and brightness are all good though and I'd much rather it was that way round than have shocking colour, contrast and brightness but a decent viewing angle!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.