Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattrivett

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
well I did yes, then a short lesson in the etiquette of these things and I haven't since this morning. Apologies again!

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I am not sure why you say home button is not needed? Its the most used button on the phone! Why wouldn't you add it to your design. Post a picture of the top of the phone because I do not know how you can say you can still reach it through the case because there is no way the case it that thin. And if it is that thin, it has to be very unprotective, what kind of impact would this case handle? Like I said, you claimed it caused no signal lose and I am not calling you a liar. I just want to see proof, I posted a link to the Atomic case in field mode only loosing 10 db's from the perfect -51, that's the best you can get in perfect environment so really it was loosing less than that! With a apple bumper on I was still losing 5 db's. I would like to see your claim!

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I am not sure why you say home button is not needed? Its the most used button on the phone! Why wouldn't you add it to your design. Post a picture of the top of the phone because I do not know how you can say you can still reach it through the case because there is no way the case it that thin. And if it is that thin, it has to be very unprotective, what kind of impact would this case handle? Like I said, you claimed it caused no signal lose and I am not calling you a liar. I just want to see proof, I posted a link to the Atomic case in field mode only loosing 10 db's from the perfect -51, that's the best you can get in perfect environment so really it was loosing less than that! With a apple bumper on I was still losing 5 db's. I would like to see your claim!

Good call to "lay the cards on the table". Regardless of what comes back, I am NOT going to be a guinea pig again for these type of cases. If the reviews come back from more than one reviewer that the issue has been taken care of, I might consider this case.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
WOw, I'm really diggin the silver on silver carbon fiber.

Just to make sure this is real carbon fiber and not just carbon fiber print look-a-like, correct?

And can the logo be made smaller????

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I have asked now 3 times and he still wont privide readings! Kind of makes you wonder. Maybe he can't live up to his claims!
Good call to "lay the cards on the table". Regardless of what comes back, I am NOT going to be a guinea pig again for these type of cases. If the reviews come back from more than one reviewer that the issue has been taken care of, I might consider this case.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I am not trying to flame you but you stated that your case does not interfer with signal, someone asked me to post the Atomic case numbers in this thread, so I did and all I am asking if for you to do the same. I would be willing to bet you that your numbers are no where near as low, that's all I am saying. I have proved it on my end. Now its your turn. My last reading was -59 db's with the case on. That's -8 from perfect. Lets see how the cases stack up. Vapor made a claim that their case wouldn't affect the signal and it absolutely killed it, and the gps. I have been helping Atomic test and work out a few things on their case and my readings are damn near perfect and my gps work's perfectly too. So all I am asking is to post your claims. Alot of us got burned by Element and I would hate to see it happen to anyone else. That is why we have spent the time with the Atomic case making it damn near perfect.
I am working on finishing the website and ecommerce.. i will certainly have pictures up for you.. in a few hours... please don't flame me. I am trying to do numerous things at the same time. Thanks for your patience.:eek:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I don't understand aluminum (or any metal) cases. They all cost considerable money. If you drop one on concrete, you have a dent/nice/deep scratch at best. Are you going to shell out another $75+ for a new case at that point? Are you going to walk around with a dented case?

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I am not trying to flame you but you stated that your case does not interfer with signal, someone asked me to post the Atomic case numbers in this thread, so I did and all I am asking if for you to do the same. I would be willing to bet you that your numbers are no where near as low, that's all I am saying. I have proved it on my end. Now its your turn. My last reading was -59 db's with the case on. That's -8 from perfect. Lets see how the cases stack up. Vapor made a claim that their case wouldn't affect the signal and it absolutely killed it, and the gps. I have been helping Atomic test and work out a few things on their case and my readings are damn near perfect and my gps work's perfectly too. So all I am asking is to post your claims. Alot of us got burned by Element and I would hate to see it happen to anyone else. That is why we have spent the time with the Atomic case making it damn near perfect.

He did state that he was busy with multiple projects but that he would post pictures soon so I'm not exactly sure what's so difficult to understand about that...

SESpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
I am working on finishing the website and ecommerce.. i will certainly have pictures up for you.. in a few hours... please don't flame me. I am trying to do numerous things at the same time. Thanks for your patience.:eek:
nobody wants to flame you, it's just that we are all a bit frustrated in a way by ElementCase and their lousy shipping system.
Is there any way I can contact you by email sir?!?
Hey mate, ElementCase may be guilty of many things, lousy shipping system, the extra logos and the V2 surprise but if it wasn't the bad antenna of the iPhone this wan't gonna happen. There are some which are not effected by this problem, like me and Lorenwade, we don't have that problem with the case on and I live in a low coverage area.

SESpy

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
AlumaCase, you just got a huge plus in my book. You provide your potential costumers with everything they ask for. Just please give us an email address where we can contact you. There are things that shouldn't be discussed on forums.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
AlumaCase, you just got a huge plus in my book. You provide your potential costumers with everything they ask for. Just please give us an email address where we can contact you. There are things that shouldn't be discussed on forums.

+1. I absolutely love the all yellow case. That one will be mine! An email address to communicate with you would be great, when you have time to do so. I understand how busy you must be trying to get the business off the ground.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Greatly appreciated! Glad to see at least one aluminum case manufacturer takes time out to communicate with the people that pay for their products and doesn't act like we annoy them, like other companies that I won't name.. (hint: it starts with E..ends with lement Case!).

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
You sir are the first person I have ever seen to GAIN signal by using a case! Not saying it's impossible but I have been in the business for almost 10 years and I have never seen anyone gain signal from a case, let alone a aluminum one! But if you did somehow, then congrats! All though all the pings make me wonder because that means the phone is struggling harder to get a signal(speediest pics).

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Dear all I will shoot an YouTube video tonight to prove the reception and no gimmicks. It will be my first time to video and post on YouTube so please bear with me. We will definitely be customer Friendly so everyone rest assured.
Sounds great.

But, If Alumacase wants credibility, they will submit samples to GearDiary for review & testing.

Plain & simple. :D

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
they should send me a review for thorough testing...since elementcase cant even send me one I paid for hahahaha

If anyone deserves a case, it's you. I can't believe you've put up with Element as long as you have. Then again...I guess you have no choice, since they blow at communication/follow-through. I've followed your plight in the Vapor thread, even though I sold mine long ago. Jesus...you're a patient person!

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
The backings are assorted to be 100% Carbon Fiber or Carbon Kevlar materials. They are backed by an adhesive. There is no way to overcome that, we thought many ideas, but if the user doesn't want to use the backing with the case, then the case size would be different. This way, all users can be happy. We at Alumacase believe there is nothing wrong with using the adhesive to attach to the back of the phone. It easily removable and interchangeable.

thanks for understanding

just to clarify, there would be two sizes for ea. color(s) : one for non-backing and one for backing ...?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
We are thinking of selling the cases with a discount code minus the retail packaging, but then our website is not completed yet.

I'm highly interested in getting one at a discounted rate without the packaging. Hopefully the website will be up soon, I've waited too long without a case. Too many promises with no delivery from other companies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.