Am I being hit on through facebook?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by floyde, Jun 17, 2008.

1. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

So this girl (kinda cute) added me on facebook. She's friends with a friend of mine, but I don't think I've ever seen her in person. I've received several hugs (and 'cheers' and some other crap) from her through the 'x me' application, but I think those can be sent massively to all your contacts, so it could've been a mistake. I was browsing my profile the other day and I noticed that she dedicated a song to me with the 'iLike' application and even wrote "it's an oldie, but one of my favorites" so it doesn't appear to be a random mistake. I don't think you can dedicate a song to multiple contacts, or can you?

Anyway, what do you guys think, am I being hit on? I do look kinda hot on my profile picture :cool::p. I think I'm gonna send her a PM, hope it's not some sort of embarrasing mistake.

*Edit: You CAN dedicate a song to all your contacts, but it requires several clicks...
    *Second edit: LOL ok, nevermind, just looked at our common friend's profile, he has the same song dedication. Still not sure why she added me though, another mistake?

2. Ricky Smith macrumors regular

I wouldn't read into it much, it's FaceBook after all.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Quick marry her. Impregnate her with your love child. Make sure you dedicate a song to her and all of her friends too!

It is facebook. Go with that.
    Everyone loves Jessica on facebook and yet, alone...here I sit.
    Well not alone. I have my thoughts and my high-priced computers and such. :D

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

She's a social site whore. Looking for pageviews and comments. OMGz z I gotz a milllions of CommentS!!

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Poke her. Repeatedly.

Um........ *looks around*

6. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Lol, well I've been hit on facebook before, and I actually ended up meeting the girl in person. We weren't too compatible, but at least we met. I also had a stalker once (stalker = non-cute girl who also hits on you :eek:), she was a bit more direct and even sent me a "wanna have sex" invitation :eek:.

Anyway, I sent her a PM asking if we had met somewhere or if she added me by accident. I got a response... She said something like "I don't know really, the truth is that I don't know you, well, you don't seem familiar, I guess it was one of those times when you're checking facebook very late and you don't know what you're doing anymore". And then she introduced herself. She also added a couple of "lol's" but they got lost in translation :p.
    So what do you guys think? She could've just ignored my message...

Anyway, this is just for fun, it's a hobby of mine to try and (unsuccessfully) figure out women every once in a while.

7. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Why not try the lottery, you have the same chances. :D

8. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

9. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

thats what it sounds like to me

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

+1 as I said...sorta.

11. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

My girlfriend and I initiated our relationship through facebook. We knew each other from school but through PMs the ball got rolling.

We've been happily together for 5 months now. She's great! :D

12. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

13. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

No.

No.

14. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Awesome haha. :D

15. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Hey... how's it going? ;)

On a more serious note - relatively at least: yes, she's a social site whore. There are tons of folks whose self-worth is wrapped up way too much in their number of friends on myspace or facebook. For instance, a few years back I kicked a girl out of my apartment in NYC. A year later she wanted to add me. Numbskull. :rolleyes:

16. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Lol. Not even after the response?

Well, if she's not hitting on me I think I'm gonna hit on her, it's not like I've never been rejected before. Besides, social whores are people too ;)

17. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

That's debatable.

18. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

19. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

The laws of Physical Attraction are very clear in matters such as this.

The Binding Laws of Physical Attraction: Article 13, Paragraph 4:
    If either party shall under condition of non-introduction by a mutual acquaintance seek to become more intimate in any manner with the object of his/her affection without sufficient reason (Amendment c: Sufficient Reason defined as Death of the aforementioned 'mutual friend,' purchase of group package tickets to a Springsteen concert, et al), considering also the physical beauty of the pursuer, it is the sworn duty of the pursuee to withhold affections and depending upon the degree to which the former has been formerly acquainted with the latter, take steps in the opposite direction. The above instruction can be summed up in the proverbial nutshell: RUN THE HECK AWAY!

20. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well floyde I'd take this one easy, you don't really know her and from the sound of it she was being nice (and yes she does sound like a bit of an attention seeker). General guideline is to play it cool, I would of ended the conversation with something like 'well if your ever hanging out with <mutual friend> maybe I'll see you around.' If she shows any interest in hanging out with you then get together. If not then it's no big deal.

21. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Sure, it's all fun and games .... 'till you wake up in the morning and your wallet is gone.

:eek:

22. David G. macrumors 65816

:eek: You've never seen Harty Boys! Facepalm.

23. operator207 macrumors 6502

That would infer that someone HAS figured out women. Since someone has indeed won the lottery. ;)

24. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

...Which is a real pain when you find out that you have to go to the pharmacy and buy some anti-crab shampoo... :eek: ;)