Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
I'm finding the Ringke Fusion is getting beat up, quickly, on the back, from regular use. Odd. Too soft?

All these talk of Magpul makes me want to try one out too! I see the blue one for ~$12... Must resist... :D

Received the Ringke Fusion on Monday. Zoogue supposed to be in on Friday. Have 4 more cases at home...

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I'm finding the Ringke Fusion is getting beat up, quickly, on the back, from regular use. Odd. Too soft?

Some cases are just more susceptible to showing wear. The important thing is, it's on the case and not the phone. You know it's doing it's job. :)

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014

I haven't used mine in about a week cause I'm currently using my Zoogue.

I did notice my Ringke Fusion's rubber sides to be softer than my Spiegen Air Cushion. My Air Cushion's side still feels stiff and sturdy. I have one coworker with the Ringke Fusion as well (he's had it much longer) and the area around his home button has loosened, and his sides have stained blue.

I haven't noticed whether mine is beat up or not yet. If mine gets beat up...then it's an excuse to try another case... Lol...

But at this point, the Zoogue has grown on me more than I expected. I think the main thing is the case is thin enough and I've come to like the feel of the case. The ribbed sides really help with the grip when holding it by the sides of the phone. The buttons have gotten a bit better but it's not as responsive as my CandyShell Grip or my Ringke Fusion.

I currently don't even feel the urge to switch to my other cases or to buy new cases...but I'll see how long that lasts.. Lol...

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Thanks for the pic! It really helps.

My strips are still there, but it's started feeling slimy now. It's still grippy, but slightly slimy.

The only thing that happened with my CS grip on my IP5 was one or two grips became loose at one end. I dab of super glue took care of it.

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
On my 5s, my top 3 favorites are still Tech 21 Check, Magpul Field case, and Otterbox Symmetry. I rotate them, but more and more I'm sticking with the Tech 21 Check.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Weird question but don't be afraid to be honest.. do y'all think the Magpul case is a case a woman would rock? I feel like it has more of a masculine touch to it, but I could be totally wrong :p

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
Weird question but don't be afraid to be honest.. do y'all think the Magpul case is a case a woman would rock? I feel like it has more of a masculine touch to it, but I could be totally wrong :p

I don't know about that, they have some really cool colors. Also, if a person wants something slimmer, they have the Executive Field case that eliminates the pattern on the back of the case.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I don't know about that, they have some really cool colors. Also, if a person wants something slimmer, they have the Executive Field case that eliminates the pattern on the back of the case.

I agree about the array of colors!

I would be interested in the Executive Field case, but they haven't released it for the 6 and 6 Plus yet.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I've decided on getting a wallet case, but still trying to find the right one. Some say the cheap ones from Amazon work just as fine, but I want to go for a better quality one. Any suggestions?

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I've decided on getting a wallet case, but still trying to find the right one. Some say the cheap ones from Amazon work just as fine, but I want to go for a better quality one. Any suggestions?

Hi Susan! You know I love my Doc Artisan leather wallet case--good news is that they are now accepting pre-orders on their new models for May. 1 delivery.

http://www.dockartisan.com/collections/cases/products/iphone-leather-wallet-combo-case-iphone-6-plus

Other than Doc Artisan, and the lovely Kavaj wallet cases, you might be interested in looking at the Griffin Identity Wallet for iPhone 6/6+. I just got one to review, and will be posting a review soon, but I am surprisingly pleased with it. It boasts 4 ft drop protection and has three card slots, a very strong magnetic clasp, and has a stand functionality as well. It also feels quite thin in the hand and has a nice, reasonably grippy feel to it. I've really been enjoying using it:

http://store.griffintechnology.com/identity-for-iphone-6-plus-wallet

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone-6/identity-for-iphone-6-wallet

Best of luck!

Kristin

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Hi Susan! You know I love my Doc Artisan leather wallet case--good news is that they are now accepting pre-orders on their new models for May. 1 delivery.

http://www.dockartisan.com/collections/cases/products/iphone-leather-wallet-combo-case-iphone-6-plus

Other than Doc Artisan, and the lovely Kavaj wallet cases, you might be interested in looking at the Griffin Identity Wallet for iPhone 6/6+. I just got one to review, and will be posting a review soon, but I am surprisingly pleased with it. It boasts 4 ft drop protection and has three card slots, a very strong magnetic clasp, and has a stand functionality as well. It also feels quite thin in the hand and has a nice, reasonably grippy feel to it. I've really been enjoying using it:

http://store.griffintechnology.com/identity-for-iphone-6-plus-wallet

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone-6/identity-for-iphone-6-wallet

Best of luck!

Kristin

Thanks Kristin!! What about this one?

http://www.moshi.com/overture-for-iphone-6

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
It caught my eye when I saw this review. Let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/pJ0p_GbNLN8

It looks like a nice wallet case! The silky outer material looks good, and would certainly slide in and out of pockets/purses easily, but I would worry about it slipping out of my hand. Other than that, I don't have any other concerns. I like the fact that the whole top of the phone is covered, rather than being left open as many wallet cases do. I prefer the extra coverage to seeing a slice of aluminum iPhone. Overall, the case looks quite promising.

By the way, I just got finished with my review of the Verus Dandy Layered Diary Wallet case. Again, pretty, and quite functional, but too slippery on the outside for my taste:

Verus Dandy Layered Wallet Case: Top Front View.jpg

Verus Dandy Layered Wallet Case: Open with Cards.jpg

Verus Dandy Layered Wallet Case: Front Bottom View.jpg

https://youtu.be/9PJdMQmRmgA

http://tech-reviewer.com/2015/03/26...for-iphone-6-plus-pretty-and-pretty-slippery/

Good luck with your continued quest!

Kristin

Reactions: VESELcase.com

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
Well, I scratched my itch again today!:D I picked up a Speck Mightyshell in grey/slate color for my 5s. Truthfully, I think a Magpul Bump would have provided the same basic qualities of protection at little more than half the cost, and I really like supporting that company, but I got to see and handle the Mightyshell at Best Buy, and I was hooked. I love the feel of this case, the snug fit, the positive feel of the buttons, and the deep lip that seals perfectly around the screen. And, this is a great looking case. I admit that I'm prone to returning cases, but this one is going to be a keeper! Ahh, my itch has been scratched again, for a while!:D

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Well, I scratched my itch again today!:D I picked up a Speck Mightyshell in grey/slate color for my 5s. Truthfully, I think a Magpul Bump would have provided the same basic qualities of protection at little more than half the cost, and I really like supporting that company, but I got to see and handle the Mightyshell at Best Buy, and I was hooked. I love the feel of this case, the snug fit, the positive feel of the buttons, and the deep lip that seals perfectly around the screen. And, this is a great looking case. I admit that I'm prone to returning cases, but this one is going to be a keeper! Ahh, my itch has been scratched again, for a while!:D

It's the itch you can never reach. :D

I've pretty much settled on the CS Grip as my main case for my 6 plus. I was very interested in the MS, until AE14 posted in another thread about it being longer, wider, thicker and he said it was slippery. $55 for the 6 plus case is too high as well. If Speck ever runs another 50% off sale, I might give it a try.

Maybe it functions better with the 5s?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014

The only thing I miss about my 5S was the wide range of case options for it. Don't get me wrong, there are lots for the 6 as well, but I feel like some companies still are selling 5S cases and not the 6. I had about 8 for my 5S ;)

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
It's the itch you can never reach. :D

I've pretty much settled on the CS Grip as my main case for my 6 plus. I was very interested in the MS, until AE14 posted in another thread about it being longer, wider, thicker and he said it was slippery. $55 for the 6 plus case is too high as well. If Speck ever runs another 50% off sale, I might give it a try.

Maybe it functions better with the 5s?

I didn't tell the whole story. I was returning a Tech21 Tactical case to Best Buy, it was a nice case, very slim and had a nice matte finish that didn't show fingerprints, and had a very nice fine sandpaper like feel to it that provided a good grip, but it was too stretchy around the lower edge of the case and I just couldn't get over the huge camera lens hole. So, basically I paid an additional $10 for the MS. The MS is slippery on the back, so if a person laid the phone on your leg while sitting I can see where it could slide off. However the rubber band around the outside edges and the face of the lip have good tacky grip. Also, it does add some thickness to the 5s, that's ok for me, but I can see where it would be a deal breaker for some. I just haven't found that "perfect" case yet, but this one is really nice, for me.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I ordered my first wallet case and it'll be here Tuesday. I'm hoping this is going to be "THE ONE" so I can somewhat nip this obsession in the bud :p

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I didn't tell the whole story. I was returning a Tech21 Tactical case to Best Buy, it was a nice case, very slim and had a nice matte finish that didn't show fingerprints, and had a very nice fine sandpaper like feel to it that provided a good grip, but it was too stretchy around the lower edge of the case and I just couldn't get over the huge camera lens hole. So, basically I paid an additional $10 for the MS. The MS is slippery on the back, so if a person laid the phone on your leg while sitting I can see where it could slide off. However the rubber band around the outside edges and the face of the lip have good tacky grip. Also, it does add some thickness to the 5s, that's ok for me, but I can see where it would be a deal breaker for some. I just haven't found that "perfect" case yet, but this one is really nice, for me.

Makes sense.

I'm not a fan of most of the huge Tech21 camera cutouts and lose fitting cases.

----------

I ordered my first wallet case and it'll be here Tuesday. I'm hoping this is going to be "THE ONE" so I can somewhat nip this obsession in the bud :p

Which one did you get? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.