Am I the only one feeling emotional after the preorder?

Stalyn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I love the whole experience, got up at 3am just to pre-order the phone and once it was complete I fee like crying for some reason, is just the excitement of the experience that me feel so surreal. Thoughts ?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I love the whole experience, got up at 3am just to pre-order the phone and once it was complete I fee like crying for some reason, is just the excitement of the experience that me feel so surreal. Thoughts ?
Crying over a cell phone - I can't recall ever feeling that way, but that's just me.

I'm glad you're pleased with the process - enjoy your new baby :)

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I been up the whole night, and i have to be work at at 9 till 5:30 with only a couple hrs of sleep. So the only thing i am feeling is relieved, and tired. Like i am going to pass out.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I guess it's like having your eye on a new girl for awhile then asking her out and she says yes. You now know who your "girlfriend" will be for the next two years. But 18 months from now, your going to start the eye another girl. Your going to hear that she can do things that will make your toes curl. Things that you never knew that you wanted. Your going to want to get your hands on her before any of your friends so you'll be up at 3am to see if she'll be yours. Then the girl that your so in love with right now will just become a distant memory.

Stalyn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2012
I guess it's like having your eye on a new girl for awhile then asking her out and she says yes. You now know who your "girlfriend" will be for the next two years. But 18 months from now, your going to start the eye another girl. Your going to hear that she can do things that will make your toes curl. Things that you never knew that you wanted. Your going to want to get your hands on her before any of your friends so you'll be up at 3am to see if she'll be yours. Then the girl that your so in love with right now will just become a distant memory.

This man is a genius.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
This, ladies and men, is the definition of "objectification of women"

play on playa

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
OP is very understandably catching a lot of crap for this post, but I do get where he's coming from. Can't say I feel the same way, but I get it.

We've seen countless times via these boards that people have a deep emotional connection to this company and its products. It's what Apple is trying to establish.

I don't think it's entirely fair to laugh at the emotion when it comes about. Again though, it is funny. :D