Am I the only one not excited for 3.0 or 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jun 17, 2009.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

I'm just not into either like I was last year when the 2.0 software and 3G came out. This all seems like a "non-event" to me.... anyone else this way?

2. rasher macrumors newbie

I think the fact that most people on here already have 3.0, and the features aren't revolutionary, downplays the excitement.

3. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Yes you are the only one.. but suprisingly you are not the only one to create this post@!

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

This is most peoples third time to this rodeo. It becomes old hat after awhile.

5. thecheda macrumors 6502

Boring.

The 3GS: boring and not revolutionary. No mms? No redesigned body? No tethering? I understand from a business standpoint, but why sell something that is crippled for $500? Do you think a compass and video recording justify a $500 price point for people that do not have upgrades? All hype, no big returns.

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

That mean's that there's more than one!

7. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

It has both MMS AND tethering.
    AT&T doesn't.

8. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

Ugh, I just want landscape texting. Don't care about the other features.

9. Bullshark macrumors member

I dont know why I'm excited.. I have 3.0 just like everyone else on here. lol, I guess my life is just THAT boring at the moment.. Nothing better goin on this week.

10. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

What do you mean no MMS and no tethering? AT&T will offer both by the end of the summer... and the rest of the world will get it as soon as 3.0 is officially released! :D

11. Bullshark macrumors member

Hate to burst your bubble, but landscape texting isnt really fun.. Accelerometer/Software response is too slow to be good. Great for email and other stuff.. Not texting..

sorry for the half-hijack.. Proceed

12. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I'm excited for my 3Gs I preordered at Best Buy and 3.0 However, I paid subsidez pricing as an upgrade. My 50$ gophone is certainly dying.

But if I had a 3g, and weren't eligible, I'd pass. But the 3Gs is nummy. :)

13. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

i was iPhone crazy last year, sold my iPhone one week before the keynote. got the 3G on day one, had dreams about my iPhone.

This year I am over it, more excited about my MacBook Pro being able to have internet from my iPhone, thats the only cool thing for me.

And unless I get an easy way to upgrade my 3G (ie, pay off what i owe in the monthly repayments) I won't be getting a 3GS.

so, in answer to your original question, No, your are not the only one not excited for 3.0 or 3GS.

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

Don't try and spoil it for the rest of us. Go sit in a corner or something! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Damn, party pooper.

And here we go again, with this "I don't like the 3G S or 3.0" Well, regardless, its superior and WAY better than the 3G iPhone and 2.2.1.

15. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

It will be smooth and responsive on the iPhone 3G S
    There's a video of it in action already

16. aristobrat macrumors G5

The price points haven't changed since the iPhone 3G. The iPhone 3G hardware upgrade was: 3G, GPS, increased battery life.

The iPhone 3GS hardware upgrade: faster processor, 2x the RAM, improved camera, capable of 7.2Mbps 3G connection, smudge resistant screen, increased battery life, 2x the storage space (16GB/32GB) ... all of the same price points as the iPhone 3G.

So when it comes to upgrading, I think the iPhone that had the most hype and least returns was the iPhone 3G from last summer.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes you are probably the only iphone user not excited about all this cool new additions.

18. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Oooohhh, but the 3G had a different casing... :rolleyes:

19. thecheda macrumors 6502

At&t

Exactly. My carrier (AT&T) does not have MMS and tethering. Other phones on the network support it, why not the "revolutionary" iphone 3GS? Don't get me wrong, I have been a loyal customer of Apple's for a long time, but this is not a smart buy from a consumer's standpoint (if you are NOT getting a price cut for a contract extension).

And to the person that mentioned the imminent launch of tethering in the US (summer)...where did you hear/see this announcement?

20. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

you just contradicted yourself genius... :rolleyes:

21. nfl46 macrumors 603

Please don't feed into their negative comments. If the iPhone back doesn't light up or the back casing don't change, then people around here think the iPhone is a minor upgrade. Its sad when some of these people only care about how the phone looks on the outside, and not the inside, which is most important.

22. Bullshark macrumors member

Really? I would like to see the video, would you post a link please? It sucks on 3G..

23. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

That is AT&T's fault, not Apple's. You could clearly see in the keynote that they were not happy with AT&T either...

24. thecheda macrumors 6502

What?

..............:eek:

25. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

That's exactly it. Nothing will top my excitement like the first day I got my original iPhone.

With the 3GS, it's just being delivered to my house. No excitement or thrills about it. The phone also looks exactly the same as my current one...so nothing really new and interesting to look at for the first time either.