Am I the only one obsessed with cases? Pt. 2

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by heyyitssusan, Nov 13, 2016.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I created this thread back when the iPhone 6 came out and now I decided to create another one with the 7/7+ out. So far I have two apple silicone cases and a caseology case, and am looking for more out there. I know, I have a problem. I can't be the only one, right? Share the cases you currently have for your phone.

2. ninjaplz macrumors member

you're not alone.
    - Spigen Ultra Hybrid w/ black border
    - Black Rhino Shield Crashguard
    - UAG Monarch

Coming soon
    - Black Playproof from Evolutive Labs

3. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

How do you like the spigen ultra hybrid? I used it the rose gold one bordered one with my 6S and it was slippery.

4. ninjaplz macrumors member

its a good case if you're on a budget but the cleared back was becoming an eye sored because there were tons of scratches on it. It seems thinner to me compared to the all clear version that I had for my 6

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Vest anti-radiation case has been the best case I've ever owned. The quality and the feel of the material are outstanding. It holds up fantastically well and it also blocks radiation which is originally why I bought it, but the case is so good that I would definitely buy it again.

6. blaine07 macrumors 65816

So far I have 1 for my 7 plus... that I don't even have yet. And 3 on the way

7. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

Hahaha we need to go to Cases Anonymous.

8. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Definitely. For my 6s+ I probably have 20-30 cases ranging from $1.00 eBay specials to ~$100 cases. Guess I need to sell them to pay for my 7+ lol

9. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

I sold 1 of my 6 cases on LetGo. 1 down, 20 to go.

10. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

Me! I have:

Ringke slim in frost and one in jet black
    2 Apple leather cases (midnight and red)
    Aluminum bumper from ifcase
    2 cheapy ones from Ebay
    Baesus navy blue/clear case
    iBlason blue/clear
    iBlason black/clear
    ROCK black/clear
    Rock blue/clear

Currently using the Tozo in blue

I very much have a problem.

11. blaine07 macrumors 65816

20 to go? Don't break the family up lol

12. cleebrown93 macrumors member

I have about 8 for my iPhone 7 so far. Yeah. And probably will be getting more over the next year until the 8.

13. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

14. andy769 macrumors member

I was curious. What is the grip like on the jet black ringke slim? I have the matte version and the grip is great but I really want the jet black to match my jet black iphone. Thanks!

15. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

I wouldn't recommend it. The case is a finger print magnet and really looks bad with all the prints. It just looks dirty. I haven't used it just for these reasons.

16. trmiv macrumors member

Yea I have a few

Apple Leather (saddle brown)
    UAG Plasma
    Spigen Liquid Armor
    Diztronic Pixlee
    Caseology waterfall
    Poetic Affinity
    Caseology Vault
    Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro
    Ringke Onyx
    Vena vluxe
    iVapo armor series

I mostly use the Apple Leather and the UAG

17. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

I'm obsessed with watch bands, wish there were new ones every event
    1st party only!!!

18. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have 7.

Spigen Liquid Armor
    Spigen Liquid Crystal
    Caseology Case Vault
    4 Chinese Knock-off Apple Leather - Red, Brown, Blue and Black

19. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Why buy fake ones?

20. jlczl macrumors regular

Probably cuz 4 fake ones altogether cost less than one real one.

I have:

UAG Matte Black
    Apple Leather Midnight Blue
    Sena Ultra Slim Sleeve
    Mophie Wireless Charging case for 6S modified to fit my 7

21. cyberhound, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016

cyberhound macrumors member

Wow, I thought I was a case hound, but most of you have me beat. So far I have 3 and here are my takes....

My newest case is the Anker SlimShell Pro. I am an Anker PowerUser and they sent it to me free to try. It's a slim fit TPU case with a "leather" backing. It costs $15.99 on Amazon. For what it is, it does the job if you are looking for a slim fit case that has a dressier look but you don't want to spend the money on leather or like the look of the wear and tear leather gets over time. It feels good to the hand, though not leather like. It does have some grip due to the texture. There is no lip around the screen so there is no protection at all if you lay the phone screen down, and if you drop it, you are probably going to see a crack. The button covers work well and do not delay or impede the actual functioning of the buttons. The charging port cutout should handle almost any cable out there, and the speaker holes line up precisely with the grills on the phone. The back of the case is just thick enough to keep the camera lens off a flat surface. All in all, it's nice case, but I think it's more of a $9.99 case rather than the $15.99 price point. Pics below...

IMG_4044.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4047.JPG .
    --- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2016 ---
    also have a Caseology Titan in Matte Black. I got one of these for my son, and then ended up getting one for myself for those time when I am out and might need a bit more ruggedness. It's got a two piece design kind of like the Otterbox Commuter. Not quite as thick on the plastic back as the Commuter but still good for most situations. The matte black goes really well with my matte black 7 and the 2 piece design allows me to slip the metal plate from my magnetic car mount in between the two case pieces without it touching my phone. And there is a nice lip around the screen to protect from drops and from being laid screen side down on a flat surface. The case has small ridges at 3 corners and at the camera cut out that help lift it off a flat surface. The cutout for the charger should handle anything thrown at it as well. And, the button feel on this is spot on. All in all, it's a great value for $15.99 on Amazon and a good alternative to those who are considering the Commuter case. Especially given the difference in price. Pics are below...

IMG_4048.JPG IMG_4049.JPG IMG_4050.JPG IMG_4051.JPG

22. cyberhound macrumors member

And my last case is a Spigen Neo Hybrid case. It was the first case I got. Thin fit case, with hard bumper. The backing is black with a carbon fiber pattern and the bumper is a hard gun metal color. The case feels a bit slick in the hand to me, but the thinness makes otherwise easy to handle. In fact, it kind of makes the phone and the case look like one piece. The cutout for the camera is raised and protects the lens when the phone is on a flat surface. And, the charging port cutout is plenty big as well. There is a small bit of a lip around the screen that offers some protection of laid down screen side. The bumper fits around the button covers and provides nice contrast between the black button covers and the gun metal bumper color. The speaker cutouts are precise too. I like the sleek look to this case. It provides a higher level of protection than your average slim fit case but still keeps that slim look. For $14.99 on Amazon, this is good deal in my book. Pics are below....(you'll have to excuse my Pirate logo on the back...)

IMG_4052.JPG IMG_4053.JPG IMG_4054.JPG IMG_4055.JPG

23. apple-fan03 macrumors newbie

Just grabbed a Choetech Ultra-thin Hybrid Case $3.99.

24. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

That looks awesome.

25. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

This is totally me!! I had 15 cases for my iPhone 6 Plus and now my family is secretly loving the fact that I upgraded because now they have my 15 cases LOL.

Trying to be responsible with my 7 Plus since I know I will upgrade next year and be in the same boat I'm in with all my 6 Plus cases.

Currently I have 3 for my 7 Plus:

Apple Leather (saddle brown)

Kate Spade Wrap Case (black and gold)

Tech21 Evo Mesh (black)

And when released I will be getting the mophie battery case.