Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
Does anyone have the Candyshell Grip for the iPhone 7/7 Plus? I saw that Speck brought back the Candyshell grip. I don't think I like the design of presidio.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Does anyone have the Candyshell Grip for the iPhone 7/7 Plus? I saw that Speck brought back the Candyshell grip. I don't think I like the design of presidio.

You can buy them on amazon but not on the speck site. I can only assume they are legit and not fake but either way it's a dual-compatible case so it has the weird looking headphone jack cut out and the camera cut out is overly large.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Which one is it, the feather?

686325c15ff3a0e9a19f9427b19643f1.jpg

I have this one. Not even paid attention to what model lol. I think NGP?

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2015
I created this thread back when the iPhone 6 came out and now I decided to create another one with the 7/7+ out. So far I have two apple silicone cases and a caseology case, and am looking for more out there. I know, I have a problem. I can't be the only one, right? Share the cases you currently have for your phone.
Apple Silicone
Apple Leather
Speck Presidio Grip
Spigen Rugged Armor
Spigen Thin Fit

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2015
How do you like your presidio? I am debating on getting it..
It actually is a great case for protection and for better handling but it's way too tight that it caused the lower right portion of my 7+ to creak due to pressure I think. Now I'm using the silicone and my phone hasn't made any creaking sound since then.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
It actually is a great case for protection and for better handling but it's way too tight that it caused the lower right portion of my 7+ to creak due to pressure I think. Now I'm using the silicone and my phone hasn't made any creaking sound since then.

Funny...

Before I read this I have my Presiodo grip on today and noticed it creaked from either bottom corner. Not the phone just the case on the phone I believe? Do you feel it makes your phone phone creak or do you feel it's the case on phone as I describe? I have a grey and black Presiodo and both colors do it. Wasn't like that on day one

Good case though to who asked above. Obviously like it enough to have bought two colors lol

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2015
Funny...

Before I read this I have my Presiodo grip on today and noticed it creaked from either bottom corner. Not the phone just the case on the phone I believe? Do you feel it makes your phone phone creak or do you feel it's the case on phone as I describe? I have a grey and black Presiodo and both colors do it. Wasn't like that on day one

Good case though to who asked above. Obviously like it enough to have bought two colors lol
It's the phone that creaks. There's a long thread about it. It cracks/creaks/clicks when you gently twist the phone. Mostly 7+s. others don't have that issue though. My silver 7+ doesn't creak. Just my matte black

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
It's the phone that creaks. There's a long thread about it. It cracks/creaks/clicks when you gently twist the phone. Mostly 7+s. others don't have that issue though. My silver 7+ doesn't creak. Just my matte black

Is it directly because of Presiodo grip or because of any case? Any idea if it affects its water resistance? Great...

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2015
Is it directly because of Presiodo grip or because of any case? Any idea if it affects its water resistance? Great...
Case has nothing to do with the phone creaking. It's a hardware issue plaguing some units. It doesn't bother me at all. The creaking on mine is minor and slight.

Reactions: blaine07

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Ordered a Sea Blue apple leather case last night...

Anybody have a extra room for my cases and I? If wife finds out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.