Am I the Only ONE that hasn't had Problems with ATT???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byulasfjazz, Aug 14, 2009.

1. byulasfjazz macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

All I can find everywhere on the internet is complains about ATT. I have had the iphone, iphone3G and now 3GS and have never had bad service. I must live near an ATT tower or the 50 mile radius where I spend most of my life must be the BEST ATT SERVICE IN THE WORLD or something... cause I always have 3G service its always fast most times faster than wifi.. I have had like maybe 10 dropped calls in 2 years.. nothing that bothers me.

sure the MMS thing sucks ,but we have had pretty dang good service with plenty of roll over minutes.. A LOT better than sprint thats for sure.. I NEVER COULD GET GOOD coverage..

anyways just wondering IF I am the only person

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nope, you're not the only person, my service has been great also.

You're also not the only person to make a post about this. :)

3. cenetti macrumors 6502

Agreed except ;

-still no MMS.. (mother$@$#%%#%ERSSS)
    -1 failed call for every hmmm say 3 calls....

So yeah... I think ATT is aiightt... :rolleyes:

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I haven't had any problems with AT&T and any "issues" I've had have been quickly resolved to my satisfaction.

Perspective is important. Complainers will post issues. All the hundreds of thousands of customers without issue don't have any reason to.

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Depends upon how you define "problems" with AT&T.

As for phone calls, I have little trouble with them. I've had an iPhone for over a year and only had a few dropped calls. The signal quality is generally good. At least they haven't been worse than the other carriers that I've been with.

As for 3G data, I have more issues. The connectivity is usually there, but the speed isn't anywhere near what I was hoping for (i.e. near 3.6 Mbps). The best I can get is around 1.8-2.0 Mbps. It has been as bad as 200 Kbps. It would be more acceptable if it was always above 1.5 Mbps or so.

Finally, customer support... I was lucky to find an AT&T store near home that has excellent staff. I went there when I added a second line for my wife. They were all very helpful. More importantly, they knew what they were doing. :)

6. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

I've also had excellent experience w/ AT&T; only 5 dropped calls per year, and the occasional delay getting voicemail (30-60 min.).

Their bad reputation often stems from bad customer service and shady business practices of the former AT&T Wireless division.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

And whiny - egocentric/entitled customers who try and get away with whatever they can.

(not you poster, but as proven on this msg board - enough)

8. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

What do you consider "whiny"? For example, what I wrote in #6 in terms of the slow 3G speed... is it too much to ask in your book?

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

1.8-2.0 is very good for 3G, you will rarely ever see 3.6

With a wired connection, it's easy to say you'll get X mbps and guarantee something close to it because there aren't many outside factors that can change it. With wireless, it's possible to guarantee speeds because there are so many things outside of AT&T's control that can affect it, the amount of users currently using it (limited by the amount of spectrum the FCC gives them), distance from tower, interference from other sources of radio communication, etc. Heck, even the weather can affect it

10. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i dno't have any issues with them, either..... we've been with them for years....

11. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

No problems here either.. and none with T-Mobile either before switching.

12. jason221 macrumors 6502

I've never had a dropped call. Ever.

No problems with AT&T so far.

13. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

Do you live in a city, town or the country ?

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

15. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

I usually look at this site multiple times a day... sorry i didnt realize that someone had posted this before...

I live in UTAH and the coverage is very strong here because most people live in a small part of the state... a lot is just mountains and desert. I also travel to CA quite a bit and the coverage seems to be good there too.. I also had coverage through most of nevada that surprised me.

16. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I agree with you that there are many variables that affect the wireless network speed. I should probably say that yes, 3.0+ Mbps would be a dream come true.

I did constantly get 2.2-2.5 Mbps on 3G while I was in Amsterdam on business, so I do still believe that there's room for improvement on the part of AT&T.

17. IronLogik macrumors 6502

They pretty much refuse to put 3G in where i work and the 2G network is terribly slow 90% of the time. 10 minutes south I have 5 bars of 3G. They gouge us on text messaging (just about everyone BUT sprint gouges imo). The Google Voice and third party app debacle.

I am dropping ATT as soon as the iPhone is on another network or when the Pre is available on Verizon. Assuming that Verizon doesn't screw up the App store on the Pre that is.

18. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

I haven't had any major issues with them in 9 years of service. I don't care about MMS because everyone i know can get email on their phone. will it be nice to have. sure. but don't really care when.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

That's not even remotely close to the whiny I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the people who use AT$T, still complain about MMS, all the pissy people about upgrades, being forced to have a data plan, etc etc etc

20. christyn macrumors 6502a

No you're not the only one.
    We just had a long thread about positive AT&T experiences posted yesterday.

For me, the coverage isn't as good as I had with Sprint in this area, but I knew that when I switched for the iPhone. It's no worse than Verizon is here, and I do have 3G in MOST areas of the city.

I've never had an issue I've had to call CS on as of yet, so I have complaints.

And I could care less when MMS gets here.

21. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Nope, I've been perfectly happy with AT&T for the vast majority of the 10-some years I've had service with them.

22. bildio macrumors regular

23. cupofjoe macrumors regular

You're lying if you've NEVER had a problem with AT&T. The service isn't perfect. It's good, but it's not perfect.

And they do have a ridiculous amount of dropped calls for the "lowest percentage of dropped calls in the nation".

Then again, I do live in LA, but it's still spotty at best most days. :rolleyes:

24. byulasfjazz thread starter macrumors regular

byulasfjazz

thanks but I was looking for positve results/