Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PEN10k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Denmark
Since the announcement of the iPad Mini, I've seen a ton of threads by people who are very disappointed with the new iPad.

I'm absolutely in love with it. I see it as a perfect upgrade from my now a couple of years old iPad 2.

Anyone else who feel like I do? :)

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
OP, I'm with you. I don't have an iPad currently, but the Mini I've been waiting on is everything I could have asked for.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Since the announcement of the iPad Mini, I've seen a ton of threads by people who are very disappointed with the new iPad.

I'm absolutely in love with it. I see it as a perfect upgrade from my now a couple of years old iPad 2.

Anyone else who feel like I do? :)

It's a ipad2 with a smaller screen, it's not an upgrade it's a side move.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I think it's cool. I like the size a lot. But I own a "new" iPad so I'll hold off on considering a mini until it's time to upgrade. I'd bet real money that by this time next year we'll see an iPad mini with retina display. That would make the device very tempting.

PEN10k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Denmark
Now people, this thread is mainly to the people, who aren't feeling that they're getting ********* by Apple, as their threads says, so would you mind to keep your negative posts about the iPad Mini, and share them in the other threads?

I know that a ton of you are disappointed with it. There's always people who aren't satisfied.
I'm making this thread to people who aren't disappointed. Sorry if this wasn't clear enough in the title.

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
I wouldn't say "in love", but I almost think that this product makes more sense than the full size iPad. For me, anyway.
It's closer to the size of a paperback (for reading).
It's a lot lighter (it was stupid for me to have an iPad 2, which I just sold, when I have an 11" Macbook Air that for practical purposes is nearly as portable and more functional).
I've tried some experimental music applications for the iPad, and in my opinion, the size and weight made it cumbersome. I wanted to be able to move the device and use the built-in accelerometer while controlling the screen with the other hand, but it was just a bit too heavy to do that comfortably.
Anyway, I'm not buying one and won't even consider it until next year because of my current needs and limited funds. But there's a very good chance that if I'm ever in the market for a tablet again I will go with the mini over the full.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
I wonder if it has 1G of RAM? That will make the mini better than the 2 by itself.

Scrub175

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2012
Port St Lucie FL
Wasn't to keen based on the spy pix, but seeing the mini in hand has changed my mind. It really appears to be designed well and a very user friendly form factor. Watching the demo vids showing folks handling and using the mini was impressive. The mini just has a nimble-ness to it that the larger form factor misses. Not enough to purchase though.

I thought it a very bold step to pull up side by side pix of leading brand X android tablet to really contrast how the mini shines.

Overall very impressive part of the keynote.

AF08

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Huntington Beach
Love it...

Currently own an iPad 2.... Which is still fast for me... But I will be getting the mini.

I love the smaller size, and upgraded cameras...

No more having to carry 2 different cables (first world problems :D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.