Am I the only one who's furious?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Mar 9, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I just sat through an hour and a half of tedious, irrelevant nonsense. Hardly any of the questions we've all been discussing for days were answered.

The pricing information was flashed up for milliseconds and there was no breakdown.

There's no ordering for a month.

No delivery till after my birthday!

We know very little we didn't already know.

I hate Apple. And Tim Cook. And Jony Ive.

2. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

wow.... It's just a product. If you hate them so much sell all your Apple products and go to Android/Microsoft.

3. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

I don't think they painted the story they needed to. They have not said why you need this. I am also surprised that they did not have more apps. I was expecting much more app demos (which I dislike, but they are necessary). The watch was an afterthought. The star was the MacBook.

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HpGJbooFq1c

5. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

6. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

7. saving107, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I feel like this is the real reason why you're "furious"

8. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

I guess you don't really get me.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm surprised they didn't have more models or fashion industry people as part of the presentation. Also, I don't care about titles. They should have had Angela Ahrendts give a much shorter demo instead of Kevin Lynch doing a Bill Gates impression.

10. arubinst macrumors 6502

Of course you're not the only one!

I'm also furious that there's no delivery till after your birthday! :rolleyes:

11. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'm with you on ordering! One month for pre-orders and a freaking month and a half to get it at a store! What a joke! This irritated me more than anything at the event.:mad:

12. redman042 macrumors 68020

Go to the Apple Store online. ALL the pricing is there now. They just didn't have time to go over it all in the keynote.

13. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

It was an incredibly disappointing event. I think they missed a lot of information that would've been valuable.

14. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

That's all I wanted.

Thank you.

I'm calm now.

Plus I found all the info we wanted on the Apple website. The whole presentation thing was a waste of time.

Oh. And I was pretty much bang-on with my pricing predictions.

I love Apple. And Tim Cook. And Jony Ive.

15. Cashmonee macrumors 6502a

Cashmonee

Now I understand the pricing structure!

16. Deanster macrumors regular

I'm also disappointed by the later-than-expected order/ship window.

I was really hoping they'd be released April 9/10 as-rumored, so I could have mine in-hand for our trip to Disney World the following week.

However, I always knew that was cutting it so close it was fragile even if that was the real date.

17. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I know, that was what I was hoping, now we have to wait 1 1/2 more months on top of the 6 we've already been waiting. By the time this thing launches, I'll already be bored of hearing about it and I'll just wait for the 2nd gen. :mad:

18. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Disappointed but not furious with the timing. For me it will be getting pretty close to my vacation so unless I get a very fast estimated ship date I will have to cancel the order and wait a month.

19. dylman macrumors regular

dylman

There's a detailed breakdown of pricing details on the Apple website btw.

20. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

I think everyone whose join date is within the last month should have their posts colored bright purple so we can spot the trolls on announcement and launch days easier.

21. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Is this your first Apple event? Just asking because you just described how 8 in 10 of them usually go. And even still you could have:

1) multi-tasked and just scanned a live blog
    2) stopped watching and reviewed a blog's summary after the event or scanned the event once Apple posted the replay.

If you are furious it should be at yourself for making this a be all or die life changing event. It was a sales show, not a high drama Tennessee Williams play.

22. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I'm not furious, but... it was a lackluster live event, that's for sure. I was quoting what they were about to say many times because they SAID IT ALREADY in September. They wanted a lot of time reiterating the same info we already know.

23. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

Will everyone please stop taking me seriously! It was a joke.

I watched the thing on my MacBook while I did a bunch of other things. I didn't even have the sound on.

I was frustrated that there was virtually no pricing information. But that's on the website now.

24. UAV macrumors regular

yea you sure hate apple but because all of your friends and family will be getting a applewatch your going to get one too no matter how much you hate them. your just another follower with no sence of direction

25. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Disappointed at the pricing of the bands on the SS , got some laughs at the edition hitting $17k , but most disappointed that this was the worst keynote ever, and like it was put together a few days earlier .

Though as a first ever I could hear crickets when the SS and pricing were announced, that was a first!