Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you returned your original iPhone 4?

• No, I kept my original iPhone 4.

Votes: 141 78.8%
  • Yes, I took it back and exchanged it for a new iPhone 4.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.1%

• Total voters

bleighv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
California
I was just wondering if I'm the only one who kept their original iPhone 4 that was shipped on the release day? I've been reading a bunch of threads saying that people have exchanged them for a new iPhone 4 because of the problems. I have a few of them, yellow tint to pictures, rattle when I shake it, freezes up every once in a while. But it doesn't bother me to the point where I want a replacement. But should I?

That's all I was wondering though.

dockingbay94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
Got mine on launch day and have NEVER had a single problem

Never had a single problem with my 3G or 3Gs either.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
If it doesn't bother you, don't. It's enough that they have to replace the ones with a hairline scratch. I still have mine from day 1, would never return it. If it breaks, I'll just buy the parts from Apple.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
California
If it doesn't bother you, don't. It's enough that they have to replace the ones with a hairline scratch. I still have mine from day 1, would never return it. If it breaks, I'll just buy the parts from Apple.

Thanks for your advice :) sometimes all I need is a little reassurance haha. I wasn't sure if I was missing out on something lol.

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Have my original iPhone with a semi circled yellow dot on the left side of the screen, about 2-3 cm, it's somewhat faded and it didn't bother me enough to get an exchange. No other problems :)

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, every iPhone delivered on launch day has been returned except for one. We have now found the one. Apple will be busting down your door within 5 minutes. Watch for the black helicopter.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
California
Yes, every iPhone delivered on launch day has been returned except for one. We have now found the one. Apple will be busting down your door within 5 minutes. Watch for the black helicopter.

Well don't you feel like a silly clown now, you sure do know how to make people laugh. Rofl, I'm glad you took the time out of your day to reply to this thread, nonetheless.

I was assuming people wouldn't read this thread so literally, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
I returned the first one that I got on launch day due to problems connecting to the internet, and poor call quality. I waited a few weeks and reordered it, now I've got a perfect one. :)

mikizee

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Mine rattles a teensy bit when I tap on the corner where the camera is, as far as I know its just the autofocus lens and every phone does it.

I also have the yellow tint in photos, but haven't thought of returning it yet.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
California
Mine rattles a teensy bit when I tap on the corner where the camera is, as far as I know its just the autofocus lens and every phone does it.

I also have the yellow tint in photos, but haven't thought of returning it yet.

I didn't know the rattling was from the auto focus, thanks for the info!

Yeah the yellow tint doesn't cause much problem for me, I could always fix it with photogene lol.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I had to take mine back. The rear camera was twisted in such a way that all pictures slanted to the right. I noticed it while on a trip to DC taking pictures on the Mall. I flew home that same day and had it replaced that night. Otherwise that phone was perfect.

dark55

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
Your iPhone 4 sounds like it's in perfect working order, bleighv. No need to worry :) As far as I know, all of the iPhone 4s take yellow pictures under certain lights (including mine). Mine rattles when I tap near the camera as well. I bought mine near the end of July though, so it's not a release day one.

bleighv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
California
Your iPhone 4 sounds like it's in perfect working order, bleighv. No need to worry :) As far as I know, all of the iPhone 4s take yellow pictures under certain lights (including mine). Mine rattles when I tap near the camera as well. I bought mine near the end of July though, so it's not a release day one.

Thanks for your comment :) It makes me feel better hahaha.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbq5w-BQXeo&NR=1

Mine had the above issue. At first I thought I was the only one, but then I found that video. Not sure how many people actually have that issue though. Replaced it with an astonished Genius :D

My girlfriend's iPhone was doing this as well. I just reset her phone and it hasn't happened since. Sucks you went through all the trouble of returning yours.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I don't feel like I can choose any of these options. I don't have my original ip4 because I shattered the back and luckily got it replaced gratis at the apple store.

qckslvrsiete

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
I was just wondering if I'm the only one who kept their original iPhone 4 that was shipped on the release day? I've been reading a bunch of threads saying that people have exchanged them for a new iPhone 4 because of the problems. I have a few of them, yellow tint to pictures, rattle when I shake it, freezes up every once in a while. But it doesn't bother me to the point where I want a replacement. But should I?

That's all I was wondering though.

got mine the day before launch day and the only problem I've had is the proximity sensor issue...which randomly went away about two or three weeks ago. No reception issues, no pic issues and no rattling on my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.