Am I the only person who still doesn't have one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SirithX, Jun 25, 2010.

1. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Well, obviously not, but it seems most people here didn't have too much trouble getting one on day one, outside all of the usual launch day hassles. I preordered one on the 15th at Best Buy because I didn't want to wait in line at a store and it turns out Best Buy didn't get enough of the 32 GBs in (only 10, and I'm 13th on the list) and of course nobody has a clue when the next shipment will come. Anyone else here in the same boat? I tried Radio Shack and a couple other places too but I feel like I have no choice but to wait at this point.

2. fuseone macrumors member

no i got a email from s jobs and he said your the only one that has yet to get one....... just kidding man i couldnt help but say that . Seriously you should have just canceled it because i called up apple store they said they couldnt tell me how many but they still had phones i got there at like 10 but they opened at 8 only like 10 mins in line and I got one. the one lady told me I was getting one of the last 16 gig they had there but they had a ton of 32 gigs left.

3. Hoangsta macrumors member

Nope... Decided to not wait for white and ordered it yesterday... Now gotta wait mid July :p

4. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

just wait til a "better bunch" comes out, or wait out the white one. im waiting for the white one .. the black one seems to be scratching very easily fyi

5. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I don't have one >_<

Hoping to possibly get one tomorrow, but who knows really.

6. JDee macrumors 6502a

I think I'm in the worst situation! Except maybe for the other countries who haven't got them yet.

O2 in the UK weren't doing pre orders sadly. Their phones opened on 24 June at 8am. I was one of the first people to call them. It was 40 minutes before the music on hold stopped, and was cut off.

I called again and after 30 minutes I got put through. I placed my order at 9:15am to be told they were sold out and they would be put on back order.
    The really bad thing is, if you had called the normal customer services team, and asked to be put through to upgrades, you got priority over all over calls, but I didn't know that. If I had done that, I would have got it today.

My phone was dispatched today. There is no Saturday delivery by the courier company here.
    I am going to Croatia on Sunday for a week. The phone is due for delivery on Monday. I ordered two iPhones, for me and my sister.

I'm very very annoyed!

Hope you get yours soon. All I can do is go and enjoy the warzones and the nice hot sun. Luckily someone will be in my house on Monday to sign for them.

7. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

ATT is supposed to get a new shipment on the 29th of June, that's what I've been told.

8. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Waiting for the White iPhone. Happy too. All the early adopters are getting the bugs out for us. Mine should be 100% a-okay when I get it.

9. SirithX thread starter macrumors 6502

SirithX

Ah I'd like to think there's a "better batch" coming soon, but that's only if a lot of these problems are due to a manufacturer defect at a certain factory or something. If Apple actually silently updates the hardware in a way to assuage the issues that could be months down the road before those get to stores.

Dang JDee now that's really bad. Best Buy tells me they may not get another shipment in for a week or two worst case scenario, but knowing your phone is waiting for you at home while you're on vacation and not having it to play with while on vacation is even worse!

10. Jookbox macrumors 6502

People really love their shiny objects... I'll probably get a white one after everything dies down.

11. SirithX thread starter macrumors 6502

SirithX

Hmm.... maybe I should just get a white one too. It looks cool, but moreso it'll also make this waiting seem a little meaningful haha.

12. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

I don't have one yet either. Got on the priority list at two Apple stores tonight (they're both 2 hours away so I couldn't go for launch) and risk not getting one.

Hopefully I'll be able to drive to one of them tomorrow and get one. Otherwise I'm camping out at AT&T on Monday night.

13. cowsrus macrumors 6502

still waiting on white
    from what ive heard there have been a lot of scratches that only show when covered with a finger print
    so still waiting for white at this point

14. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I've been trying to get one. You have to get lucky now since shipments are random and go quickly. I have one reserved at Best Buy and they're hoping for a new shipment next week. I'd really like to get one at th Apple Store this weekend, but I don't know what's going to happen.

15. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Nope, I got screwed too. Pre-ordered at BB on the 15th, was 2nd in line for a 32 gig, and the store (supposedly) only got ONE 32 in. Retarded.

16. SonGoku v2.5 macrumors member

I THINK I'm waiting for the white iPhone, but I still feel like I'm making a lateral move in terms of upgrading now...I wonder what the chances would be for a 64GB model for its 5th generation next June.

That said, I honestly believe that at least 85% of the people who have posted on this forum within the past 36 hours are NOT in possession of an iPhone 4, but merely trolls (anti-apple and droidbois) spamming the forum and burying actual opinion and owner experience of the phone.

17. macbook yes macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered from best buy as well. They got 50 and I was number 72. I called them and they said "Hmm, I don't really know... Maybe next week, maybe the week after. Yeah, by next month, I think." They did confirm that the next shipment would be the same amount as the first.

18. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

The white one isn't going to be any different than the black one. No one is getting any bugs out.

19. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Don't have mine. I'm a July 2nd shipment date. Status: Not Yet Shipped.

20. the1nonlyku macrumors member

I did the same thing.. I would rather wait for it to come to me then keep checking if its in stock.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

i don't have one, and the one I pre-ordered for my wife won't ship until July.

I'm (as she is) content on waiting.

22. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

I'm ordering mine when the white comes out... Hopefully all the issues won't be as big a problem for people then

23. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered from BB & was gold they only got 2 32s in & I was #4. I went to Apple Store in Ricbmond, VA & waited inline for over 3hrs to have it sold out in 5mins after the store opened up. Got on a priority list. Basically, still waiting to get his hands on an iPhone4.

24. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Were you waiting in line on Thursday, or was this yesterday? I'm in Richmond too.

25. xmtgx macrumors regular

Heh, I was worried about not getting one bc i didn't reserve, turns out my store had 6k phones 80% of them 32gb. There's still some left from the original shipment at both stores near me.