Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DemonBob

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2010
Bolton, NC
I don't have one, but in my defense, I never preorder. I also am waiting for the new otterbox defender for the Ip4 to come out. I have and otterbox for my 3g and it has saved my ass more then once. So I figure I'll wait and just order everything at once. My JB 3g on 3.1.3 and my ipad with hold me over till the .

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Dont have one either. I also sold my iphone 3g on craigslist the 23rd, so now im using a crappy old flip phone. Called every Apple, Best buy, wal mart, radioshack in my area and no one has any at all and no ideas on next shipment.

Hopefully ill be able to get one the 29th at the AT&T store.

stphnman20

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I dont have one. Camped out at my local Apple store to only find out that they were doing 50:1 ratio. I said screw that and left. Hopefully there wont be any BS come the 29th..

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Had a pre-order for launch day, then canceled. Decided to compare the colors in person. Now I am really itching for one, and the black does look really slick. Must be strong :p

beamer8912

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2009
The white one isn't going to be any different than the black one. No one is getting any bugs out.

If the white one wasn't any different from the black one, they wouldn't have had any manufacturing issues with the white one. Would they?

Apple are aware of the antenna issues, and they'll change their manufacturing process accordingly. It'll be a few weeks until the new batch come out but it'll be the same time the white ones come. So those of us holding out for white should be just fine.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
When I called my Apple Store today, the lady asked if I wanted to put my name on a list to benotified when they get a shipment of iPhone 4's in. Of course I said yes, but I'm not confident that she copied my email address correctly. Am I supposed to receive a confirmation email or something?

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
When I called my Apple Store today, the lady asked if I wanted to put my name on a list to benotified when they get a shipment of iPhone 4's in. Of course I said yes, but I'm not confident that she copied my email address correctly. Am I supposed to receive a confirmation email or something?

Yes.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
This time I think the guy copied my email address correctly dince he bothered to repeat it back to me. He said that will reserve one for me and I'll receive an email when they get one in for me. Should I make a new thread to tell everyone else they're doing this or is this something most people knnow? I haven't heard about them doing this before.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Still don't have mine either. Was between jobs on the 15th and didn't feel good about ordering. Of course I landed a new job on the 17th and missed out on the pre-orders.

I've got my name on a list at every Best Buy and Apple Store in town. Lets see who calls first.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
Got an update for my area, seems Tuesday the 29th when AT&T stores is getting new shipments is rumored to also be the day Best Buy will get them. Best Buy to get the same amount as in their first shipment, AT&T store told me they will get 80 in. So I guess if anyone who hasn't ordered online really wants one, best bet is to wait in line at AT&T on the morning of the 29th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.