Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon's Black Friday deals keep coming strong as we get nearer to the 25th, and today the retailer has introduced an even better price on the 2021 Apple TV 4K. You can get the 32GB model for $79.99, down from its original $179.00 price tag.

apple-tv-gingerbread-ornaments.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The 64GB Apple TV 4K from 2021 was on sale earlier as well, but has since sold out. We'll update this article if it returns, but as of now the 32GB Apple TV 4K for $79.99 is the better deal anyway, and it's still in stock. Both of these sales beat the previous record lows by about $20, and are the best prices we've tracked from any retailer to date.

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2022.

Update: We've updated this article to make a note of the 64GB model selling out.

Article Link: Amazon Black Friday Apple TV 4K Sale Has 2021 Model for Just $79.99 [Updated]

Last edited:

Jugney

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
Tempting but I think I'd rather spend the extra money for Thread support and USB-C charging on the remote on the 2022 model.
Both 2021 models have Thread support.

So you're paying almost double to get ... support for Samsung's version of Dolby Vision and USB-C charging on a remote you only need to charge a couple times a year...

Yes the storage is higher on 2022 models and the processor is newer. But there's like a 5% chance you'll need or notice those differences.

tonywalker23

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2003
SC
got our kids this and a 99$ tv at Best Buy for Christmas to put in their room. The day and age we live in, for $180 my children will have a wireless device that streams video and music and picture library to a screen that is hanging on their way a inch or two thick that is 40 inches...

at their age I had a Sega game gear.

Jugney

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
I have one to sell so this price messes me up. Hard to sell used for the price that you can buy new.
I feel for you. I was this close to buying a used 2021 for $90 yesterday - but didn't!

Now there's no way that guy will get a decent price for it. But selfishly glad I waited one more day :cool:

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Picked up a Roku Ultra LT for $30 as a gift. If this was priced lower I'd be tempted to return the Roku, but when this is over 2.5x more and they both do the same basic things...

Johnnyboy55

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2022
As someone who paid like 179 last year this is kinda annoying lol
I paid $129 back in June (from Amazon). A great price but I knew a better price was coming. Dropped to $109 during Prime days. Love it though. Interface and speed are excellent

CIA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
Just picked up a 64GB version for $99. It's a great deal. If you are nitpicking about the USB-C version of the remote not being included, you can always buy that separate.

antnythr

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2020
Both 2021 models have Thread support.

So you're paying almost double to get ... support for Samsung's version of Dolby Vision and USB-C charging on a remote you only need to charge a couple times a year...

Yes the storage is higher on 2022 models and the processor is newer. But there's like a 5% chance you'll need or notice those differences.
Plus the 2021 model has a fan. The absence of the fan on the 2022 model has come into question recently as people have posted about it being an issue while watching 4K content.

• Wow
Reactions: mjs916

Incision

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
DFW Area
Well, looks like that one I got for $109 during prime days is going back... I mean $5-10 is not enough to send it back for me, but $30 + tax is.

• Love
Reactions: mjs916

mjs916

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
Sacramento, CA
4K models are waaaaaay better than the ancient HD models. This is a solid deal if you are looking to upgrade or dive in.
Yep! I bought the AirPods 2nd gen yesterday for my wife but she found her lost pair so I cancelled that order and got this instead for the master bedroom.

We have an Xfinity Flex streaming box in there now and the UI experience just isn’t the same. The remote is nice but that’s about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.