Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I'm assuming amazon does not know what was going to be released instead they put up ilife 07 etc, but was then told by apple to take it down, they then just changed the names for a bit of a joke until apple called them again to take it down!

aleck

macrumors member
May 6, 2006
Belgrade, Serbia
"Review" on the fourth link:

- - - -
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
New Look, New Features for #4, January 4, 2007
Reviewer: Paul Clark "Staff Member" (Seattle, WA USA)

I've been using Apple MacWorld 2007 Announcement #4 for almost no time, and I can safely say it's the best #4 I've ever experienced. I thought #3 was good, but this is ridiculous.
- - - -

:D

mozmac

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Austin, TX
Steve: "So we've sold 2323598623458762340985238576 ipods this year and are using all of the profits to pay off the SEC so they don't arrest me, so we don't have anything new to offer you except *pause for dramatic effect, reach into pocket, pull out CD* iLife 07! Now with 10 more garageband loops!

Well, thank you for coming, and I hope to...oh wait, there is ONE MORE THING *reach into other pocket, pulls out CD* iWork 07! I know you've all been waiting for it: it is new, and now imprived with 7 brand new fonts! Thanks for coming and see you all next year! *walks off stage*"

:D

Lol! I have to go to work early this morning, so thanks for making it a little easier with that post.

I'm very excited for Macworld. (Who am I kidding...I'm ALWAYS excited for Macworld.)

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
iLife '07
iWork '07
Leopard
.Mac 2007

Aside from these four (obvious) releases (with maybe Leopard not shipping right away), I'm pretty sure we'll see Mac minis with Core 2 Duo processors (the only Macs left without Core 2 Duo) and new Mac Pros with those new Quad-Core Intel processors (officially launched monday, a day before MWSF).

Aside from those 6 things I have no idea what's going to happen.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
I would expect one version to be Intel, the other Universal, otherwise people (like me) with a mix of PPC and Intel Macs would have to buy two copies.

Im not following this quote? There is no need for separate Intel Only, and Universal Apps. All they need a a CD with a Universal Binary, and it will install and run natively on either PPC or Intel, so one CD for all of your computers. (However illegal it may be) :)

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Amazon do this all the time - keep on top of developments and put products up before they're available or announced. Happens with games a tonne. I wouldnt be surprised if they log searches of their catalogue to gauge demand so they can put stuff up earlier than others and secure pre-orderes. Doesn't mean they know any more than we do, so there's no question of them getting "in trouble" over it.

They probably just removed the pages when a rabid swarm of macheads kept hitting the page causing massive amounts of unnecessary traffic. :D

macFanDave

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2003
That's too bad.

I gave Announcement #1 a glowing five-star review! I hoped that people found it useful.

I don't mean to start a flame war, but Announcement #1 was clearly the star of the show, Announcements #3 and #4 were just incremental improvements and Announcement #2, well, #2 says it all -- it was crap!

I'm just sayin'. . .

skipjakk

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2004
New products

I used to work at a distributor, and its not uncommon to have product sku's in the system before their release date (month's before sometimes), in fact it was required before they could accept them into the warehouse. They used to even stage the product in the warehouse weeks before shipment day. Apple's were sometimes hidden, but you could find them if you wanted to. I'm sure its not that different at Amazon.....

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I used to work at a distributor, and its not uncommon to have product sku's in the system before their release date (month's before sometimes), in fact it was required before they could accept them into the warehouse. They used to even stage the product in the warehouse weeks before shipment day. Apple's were sometimes hidden, but you could find them if you wanted to. I'm sure its not that different at Amazon.....

Amazon has done this several times before.No biggie.

awatiker

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2006
If you now search for "macworld 2007" (sans quotes, with quotes you get other stuff) you will find Leopard comes up. Weird...

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Im not following this quote? There is no need for separate Intel Only, and Universal Apps. All they need a a CD with a Universal Binary, and it will install and run natively on either PPC or Intel, so one CD for all of your computers. (However illegal it may be) :)

Buying a copy for each of your computers should be considered illegal. Such a waste of money. Just get one Family Edition and be done with it. :p

skoops

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
The german Amazon.de store still has some placeholder-items for future Apple announcements. They're just a bit better hidden than the products in the US store were.

Search for "Meti wen elppa" (read backwards)

Unfortunately all have the same price (2.222,22 Euros)

Attachments

• Amazon.de- Meti wen elppa 06- Elektronik (20070108).png
    Amazon.de- Meti wen elppa 06- Elektronik (20070108).png
    177.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Amazon.de- Meti wen elppa - Elektronik, Foto & PC- Elektronik (20070108).png
    Amazon.de- Meti wen elppa - Elektronik, Foto & PC- Elektronik (20070108).png
    166.5 KB · Views: 124

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
The german Amazon.de store still has some placeholder-items for future Apple announcements. They're just a bit better hidden than the products in the US store were.

Search for "Meti wen elppa" (read backwards)

Unfortunately all have the same price (2.222,22 Euros)

Can I just ask you something?

How on EARTH did you think to search for that?! That has to be THE high point on Macworld Expo '07 fever - unless we move onto anagrams - Bore Wok, Po! G5 anyone?!

skoops

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
Can I just ask you something?

How on EARTH did you think to search for that?! That has to be THE high point on Macworld Expo '07 fever - unless we move onto anagrams - Bore Wok, Po! G5 anyone?!

Haha;

nah, I just saw this thread earlier today and I thought I'd try to look for the 'Macworld Announcement #x' Products on the german amazon homepage (since I'm from Austria)
They weren't listed at amazon.de either, then I clicked on "Products from _Apple_" and on the 2nd or 3rd page these weird ones appeared. Took me about 2 minutes ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.