Amazon now has the 13" base for sale $1235 (MC965LL/A)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Bob Coxner, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

2. manueld macrumors 6502

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

That's their estimate on how long behind their shipments are to keep up with people ordering right now. They can only get stock from Apple at a set rate.

4. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

To bad they didn't put the 13" 256 gb on sale. Still says 1594. :mad:

5. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

I'm debating whether to return my Air I bought from Best Buy and buy one here. I'd lose the $100 Best Buy gift card, but I'd save $120 cash so...

6. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Might be worth it. Is amazon tax free for you too?

7. Scottgb macrumors member

Just ordered mine, even with my employers 7% Apple discount, I saved $60 by going with Amazon, and got 24 months interest free on my Amazon Store card.:D

8. Bob Coxner, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

Bob Coxner thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is this a new card deal or for existing cardholders as well? I don't recall seeing anything about interest free. I'm assuming you're talking about the Chase Amazon.com Rewards Visa card.

Edit: I checked and now see that the Store card is different. It looks like it's designed for large purchases. I'm glad you mentioned this, I'll definitely take advantage. 15+ years with Amazon and I never noticed this card, although I've had the Amazon Rewards card forever.

I will say that you better make sure you're not late on a single payment or fail to pay it off in time. The APR is 25.99% and you'll get hit with the full amount of interest if either of those things happen. (The Mafia charges a lower interest rate than this)

Edit #2: Applied and approved. It says the card is already available on my Amazon account and can be used. That's what I call FAST! :)

9. Scottgb macrumors member

It's the regular Amazon store card. I didn't see any financing deal until I added it to my cart and was ready to checkout. Then it showed the 24 month free financing option. I'm not a new customer, have had the card for a few years.

10. nph macrumors 6502a

I just ordered one as well! Couldn't motivate >$350 for the additional 128GB and finally made a decision. Had been debating the 128 or 256 for a while. Hopefully it won't take more than a week...

11. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Thanks for noting this! Up till last week it was 12 months for computers and 24 for TVs. Taking the MBA plunge definitely now that it's 24 :)

12. Bob Coxner thread starter macrumors 6502a

It may appear that it's sold out but the Amazon $1234 link is still available on the far right.

13. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

This is a better deal

MacMall has a better deal than Amazon. Go here http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/

Click through to MacMall so as to activate your 3% discount and purchase for $1212.49 with free shipping. Only purchase if you live in a state in which MacMall does not have nexus so that you are not charged sales tax. Purchase the 6 or so items, printers, software etc. that are free after rebate when purchased with a new Mac. Flip your free after rebate items on eBay and net a minimum of $200.00 after eBay, Paypal and shipping charges. Your net cost is now only $1012.49 in comparison with $1428.90 should you walk into an Apple store in California and pay full retail of $1299.00 plus 10% sales tax.

Do not purchase AppleCare, instead simply sell your MacBook Air on eBay as it approaches its one year anniversary and the warranty is near expiration. You can easily net your original purchase price or perhaps make a $100 in profit after eBay fees. Repeat the process.

I have done deals like this for years.:D

14. Bonnie macrumors member

Does anyone know of any cashback/ebates type of things through amazon? I'd order from macmall, but they charge tax in CA. Thanks!

15. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

Not Amazon specific but HP has an ongoing rebate of I believe $40.00 for any printer priced at over $69.00 and purchased on the same day that you purchase either a Mac or a PC. Google HP printer rebate for the PDF.

Macconnection has the HP form under rebates for each specific MacBook Air. Macconection is currently discounting by about $50.00 which is their normal discount except they usually offer an additional rebate of $100 on average a few weeks after new models are introduced so it may pay to keep an eye on their web site. I am pretty sure that they don't charge sales tax for orders shipped to California even though their web site states that they charge sales tax for orders shipped to something like 45 states, the last time that I checked. They have a strange corporate structure and if you call them they will tell you that they only charge sales tax for orders that are shipped to a handful of states, il, Ohio, NC and I believe Ga off of the top of my head. Macconnection has been around since 1982 and they are excellent. They receive a lot of inventory from Apple an it has been my experience that they have the shortest wait time for hot products.
    H

16. ace36 macrumors newbie

17. Bob Coxner thread starter macrumors 6502a

Use the Amazon Rewards Visa credit card. Go to "Your Account" (upper right) and then "Amazon Credit Cards" under "Payment Methods". You get $40 back the first time you use it. After that:

Earn points on all of your purchases

3 Points: For every $1 spent on Amazon.com
    2 Points: For every eligible $1 spent at gas stations, restaurants, drug stores, and office supply stores
    1 Point: For every other $1 spent

Redeem your points instantly at checkout with Shop with Points
    You can use the points you earn to buy the stuff you want right at checkout.

See your points automatically
    Pay for all or part of your purchase - there's no minimum
    Every 100 points = $1.00 towards your purchase
    =============
    This works out to a 3% rebate. Spend $100 at Amazon, get 300 points, redeem for $3.

18. coatto87 macrumors newbie

My order status has been updated :)

Delivery Estimate: August 9, 2011 - August 13, 2011

19. buddybd macrumors 6502

Mine hasn't updated yet :( I ordered mine yesterday, you?

20. coatto87, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011

coatto87 macrumors newbie

Aug 01 ;)

21. nph macrumors 6502a

I got my update today, August 8!
    :)

Makes sense since MacMall is now advertising 3-5 business days.

22. jkane08 macrumors member

I seriously use this card all the time.. (the store card) best thing ever. I'm going to be buying my mba on it this weekend

23. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I got apple to price match the Macmall price of 1212.49 and got the 100 iTunes bts promo!

24. iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

25. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

Cool! You can earn an extra 1% rebate on Apple purchases through eBates.

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=pkM1ml3ixFH5EUCxqm94Jg==

For those buying through Amazon have your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, friend or relative sign up as an Amazon associate. Purchase through them and they will receive a 4% commission (maximum $25.00) for computers.

Also check out slickdeals.net there are thousands of crazy people on the site that make a sport out of finding the best deals. :apple: