Amazon/Origin game download

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ocgirl, Sep 11, 2011.

1. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl

Hello fellow mac users,

I was wondering if any of you tried using the download option from Amazon or Origin (EA) when purchasing a game ?

They are selling for more than half the price, but I am worried it will be complicated to install it (as compared to inserting a CD and just clicking "next" :D).

Any feedback? :confused:

Thanks !

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Well I've not downloaded from Amazon or Origin but I have downloaded from other online digital services like Steam and Battle.net and I've never had any issues. It's pretty straight forward and to an extent easier then installing from a DVD. The instructions are easy and usually you're guided through the install process. Installing games or any software on a Mac is pretty easy anyway.

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Not complicated at all. If anything, it's easier because you can't lose the CD or the manual with the product key on it.

4. MasterTick macrumors 6502

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I just downloaded a large PC game and the only questionable issue is the time involved in downloading 20+ GBs. My internet connection is pretty fast and it took me about 11 hours. Installing it as simple as launching the installer/launcher and deciding where you want it to install.