Amazon Prime Day Live Blog: Follow Along for the Best Deals

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 15, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

It's the middle of July, which means it's time for Amazon's annual Prime Day shopping event, offering Amazon Prime customers the chance to save money on a vast array of items across the retailer's online storefront.

Like we did last year, today we've launched a live blog that will track notable Prime Day discounts across Amazon, most of which will relate to Apple products and accessories. You can expect great discounts from companies like Anker, iOttie, and more.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Prime Day 2019 kicked off earlier this morning at 12:00 a.m. PT, and it will continue through tomorrow, Tuesday July 16 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This makes Prime Day 2019 the longest event so far at a total of 48 hours.

In contrast to deals that last for a majority of the event, there will also be limited-time lightning deals that appear at different times throughout Monday and Tuesday, and only last for an hour or so. According to Amazon, new deals will launch as often as every five minutes throughout the event.

In this live blog, we'll be tracking lightning deals and longer-lasting discounts as products get marked down throughout Prime Day, as well as competitor sales since retailers like Best Buy, eBay and Target have all been known to launch anti-Prime Day deals. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back for new bargains as Amazon's mid-year shopping event continues into Tuesday night.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Amazon Prime Day Live Blog: Follow Along for the Best Deals

2. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Hue lighting on the cheap again and well worth it. Have bought several sets of coloured bulbs on prime day and now a few more dimmers :)

Oh and Tile trackers are on the cheap too, so got 4x Pro's for £46

Love Prime :)

3. metalsiren macrumors 6502

metalsiren

4. YaBe macrumors 6502a

YaBe

Hue is what i wait Prime for, but each year (well twice a year now), Prime has the exact same things.

Stocking up on Hue wich are not cheap, but the right price during Prime days.

I know it was sarcastic, but spending extra money for the same exact thing does not make people richer (actually it does just the opposite), just sptupid.

Why spend more for the same exact thing?

Rich people got rich for 2 things, plain luck, or smart thinking (that means WORK as well), and a dime saved is a dime earned!

5. Mattlike macrumors 6502

I wanted a Mophie Juice Pack Access to take down to San Diego to have During Comic-Con, and it was $30 off. I'll take it.

6. Mike MA macrumors 68020

Mike MA

Really nice HomeKit deals currently too. This was my entry point some years ago.

7. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I still can't remember ever buying anything on Prime Day. But that doesn't mean I won't keep my eye out for something that catches my attention.

8. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

Moonjumper

It seems a bit mixed up on the UK website. For example 4K UHD Blu Ray Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse had 30% off as part of the Prime Day deal on 4Ks, making it £17.49. It then became a Lightning Deal without the 30% at £19. So the Lightning Deal increased the price.

The Apple deals are only on iPhones, iPads (mostly the cellular models), and a few accessories.

9. Rychiar macrumors 6502

Rychiar

ya know Walmart sells iPads for $249 all the time right?

10. jeyf macrumors 65816

been going back to the brick and mortar stores now that the online retailers charge sales tax

11. iGeneo macrumors regular

iGeneo

Other than the Lurton Caseta deal, what else have you found in the HomeKit area?

12. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Amazon had better deals for the current iPad Pros just last week. The prime discounts so far are on the previous model. Have to clear the inventory I guess.

13. nwcs macrumors 68000

nwcs

I may have missed it being mentioned but there’s an App Store/iTunes $50 gift card for $40.

14. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

15. TheRealDGD macrumors member

TheRealDGD

This too shall pass once it becomes "normal" everyday operations, it is still in its infancy. We have to try and keep reinventing the wheel so the money turns. After a while people get tired of the norm and look for something new, Amazon Deal Day will become just another day a few years from now. The best deals are subjective....

16. Chung123 macrumors regular

Chung123

True for the 32gig model. But a 128gig model for 50 bucks more ain't bad.

17. blacktape242 macrumors 68000

blacktape242

I never really find much I need during this sale.

18. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

Too bad there's no deals on the Oculus Quest... Only the Go.

I suppose it's too new, enough people lining up to buy it at full price. In fact a lot of deals seem to apply only to "last-gen" models that have been available for less than RRP elsewhere, and the current models are not affected. Some exceptions of course.

But having a rift already I'll just wait for the quest to drop first. €449 is too much.

19. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Ah, Prime Day. The digital version of your local flea market. You may, MAY, find one or two gems, but the rest is trash.

20. MisterSavage macrumors 65816

MisterSavage

Just scored $150 Amazon Credit on a deal on a Helix mattress. Made in the USA and not low quality contrary to what others have said about Prime Day deals.

21. zubikov macrumors member

That Sonos One deal for $129 is pretty sweet. Needed a good quality AirPlay 2 speaker without breaking the bank on a HomePod.

22. kuwxman macrumors 6502a

kuwxman

23. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Amazon's advertising dollars at work.

Everywhere I look today I see news articles on Amazon Prime :).

24. pilot370 macrumors member

I went to Best Buy to see if they would price match an item on Amazon, she didn't even look at it. Said they can't price match Amazon during Prime Days. I said oh ok, and she asked me if I still wanted the item, I said nope, Ill get it from Amazon. LOL