Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
I went to Best Buy to see if they would price match an item on Amazon, she didn't even look at it. Said they can't price match Amazon during Prime Days. I said oh ok, and she asked me if I still wanted the item, I said nope, Ill get it from Amazon. LOL

You walked into a Best Buy for that?

Reactions: reden and PC_tech

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
Ring Cameras on sale.

$134 for the spotlight HD battery. Get a extra battery pack or a solar panel if you get enough direct sunlight.

Worth every penny. Thinking about upgrading the doorbell camera.

Heck of a deal.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I finally got a replacement Logitech MX Master for my original. At cheaper than the original one still goes for.

Worth it. Now when I put iPadOS on my new 2018 iPP, I can use the original MX Master I hope with it.

P.S.

I think all of you are missing the real significance & tragedy of the day...
Twitter said:
Ƭonỿ! Ƭoni! Ƭoné! Stark‏ @StarkTTT 7h7 hours ago
It’s sad that #PrimeDay has become so commercialized that we’ve forgotten the sacrifice that this day is intended to honor.
R-PrrO.gif

Last edited:

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
An offer to install amazon assistant gave me £10 (which I uninstalled). As did signing up for Audible trial, cancelled as soon as I received credit. So free money, thanks Prime day!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Trying not to buy the Logitech Harmony remote control......

But did buy a bunch of 4K BRs for great prices.... Matrix Trilogy, Arrival, Inception

SnarkyBear

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
So many of these deals aren't really deals. I love camelcamelcamel.com because it shows the historical prices of amazon products. So many items are not really discounted at all, and many are discounted a few bucks (but listed as discounted many bucks). I even found a weighted blanket that was cheaper before prime days.

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
I think I bought a glitch. $80 for a 5-camera/base/doorbell combo Arlo Pro setup when it first went live last night. It’s already shipped. Awesome... saved like $500.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Ah, Prime Day. The digital version of your local flea market. You may, MAY, find one or two gems, but the rest is trash.

It may not be trash but it's probably nothing I really need either. I usually set July aside as the month in which to pitch the most money towards the reserve for my winter heating fuel contract that I make at the end of August... so Prime Day is generally window-shopping only for me, and just as well I set that rule up front for myself. Otherwise it's too easy to get sucked into "oh wow, that's a lot less than I imagined it would be, maybe I should get it while it's cheap". Well maybe I should skip it and it's even cheaper?

Still the window-shopping can be fun. But...I just kill my browser if I start to get really interested.

Mr Retina

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2013
Theres Definitely some gems in there if you look for them. I took advantage of their New gen Philips hue bulbs/echo deal for $60. Gonna sell the Dot for at least $20 easily and get two Hue bulbs for $40, instead of spending $90+ tax on the same kit.

Reactions: ds2000

ds2000

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2012
Got an echo plus for £69 after they offered me their creditcard (which I'll cancel immediately). Time to get some smart bulbs on the go :)

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
saving money is for everyone
No, it depends how long it takes and how much your time is worth. IDK about now, but the Prime Day deals were so lame the first time that I threw it into the "not worth my time" bin. Pizza sales a lot more worth; you save like 30% just for a quick Google search.

Original redacted post has a point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.