Amazon Prime Video Currently Unavailable in App Store Across iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV [Update: It's Back]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon Prime Video is currently unavailable in the App Store across iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. Amazon had updated the iOS version of the app shortly before it was removed from the App Store, but it is unclear why the app was pulled or whether this is a temporary move.

Apple deferred comment to Amazon, which has yet to respond to our email. We'll update as we learn more.

Update: MacRumors has been informed this was a technical issue and the app should be back up shortly.

Update 2: Amazon Prime Video has returned to the App Store.

Article Link: Amazon Prime Video Currently Unavailable in App Store Across iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV [Update: It's Back]

Last edited:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Well, as long as the (all ready installed) app is still playing on my Apple TV, I'm all good. I just had to check to see if my next episode of American Gods were still available...and it was. :)

Still wondering what happened, though...

Reactions: decypher44

fmcshan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2019
USA
Strange. The app works just fine when I launch it, but it is nowhere to be found in the App Store.

Peepo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
The app still works on my iPhone but what happens if someone upgraded to a new iOS device - would it still download from a restore ?

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
The notes from today's release:

New X-Ray release. Starting today, you'll have access to the Prime Video exclusive X-Ray feature for select live sports, including Thursday Night Football. This feature brings real-time stats, plays, and team/player information right to your fingertips while you watch. Click the X-Ray button or rotate your device to portrait mode to start enjoying X-Ray.

Version 7.5.2 - 104.6 MB