Amazon refund question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rockyroad55, Jun 22, 2011.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Has anyone never received a refund from amazon before even though they sent an email about they processed your refund?

2. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

I buy a lot from Amazon, have returned a fair amount and never had a problem in years. Just be patient, most of the time they are fast, sometimes they get quite busy.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I try not to return too many things to Amazon (can't remember a single time i did return something actually). I heard they will ban you if you return too many things :eek:

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I would say it more than likely takes some time after your refund is approved. I would not be surprised if they have only 2 pay out dates per month and you just get put on the list to what ever the next pay out date is.

I know in Amazon Marketplace when I sell books it is told what day we will get paid by Amazon and it is only like twice a month so the money is sat on by amazon until that day and it is put into our accounts.

5. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I usually get my refund in two days max. But, it's taking a bit now.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I read this thread when it first appeared several weeks ago, little thinking it had anything to do with me, as I have never had to request an Amazon refund for anything.

Since then, I ordered a set of Thinksound Rain earphones from an Amazon approved buyer. Three weeks later there was still no sign of the in ear headphones; cue, an email from me alerting them to the delay and asking when I might expect delivery. The seller asked me to wait until the following week-end, which I did. By the "following week-end" Amazon had asked me to rate the transaction (I held off doing so until I notified the seller), and my credit card statement informed me that a debit to the seller for the stipulated amount had been paid. Further emails ensued as the in ear ThinkSound headphones still had not arrived. I was offered the option of a re-order or a refund, selected a re-order to be subsequently informed that the item was no longer in stock. Finally, I was informed that a refund was being put in train.

I have no complaints as I've been informed that I am to receive a refund, but the whole episode was a little frustrating; throughout, Amazon were excellent. I'm not quite sure how to rate the seller, though........

Cheers

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

That story gets told because of a few people online saying that they were banned for returning "too many"

In several of the instances, all the people admitting to returning almost EVERYTHING and doing it for years.

I have returned quite a bit (for a variety of reasons) and never had any issue or trouble with them