Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koyoot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
What do you guys think of possibility of ASrock and Sapphire co-product based on Vega architecture? ;)

koyoot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
The best part of this information involves 12-16 core Zen CPUs in it ;).

So you have three clues: Zen CPUs, ASrock - motherboard manufacturer, and Vega is the upcoming GPU architecture from AMD, and there will be product involving cooperation between Sapphire(AMD GPU manufacturer) and ASrock.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
If we are talking about Asrock and Sapphire I would expect:

B350 + Zen + x8/x8 CrossFire
B350 + Bristol + x4/x4 CrossFire

Same motherboard.

koyoot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Crossfire what? ;)

Its one product. If it is with cooperation with Sapphire, and involves Vega arch should be extremely easy to understand what it is, especially if it is about Motherboard. And we are talking about X39X Chipset, not B350 ;).

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I don't know where it says this is (only) about X39x and Vega.

And Asrock could make boards for Sapphire (RX 550 *cough*).

ManuelGomes

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2014
Aveiro, Portugal
ASRock is not budget/low end anymore. I wouldn't buy from them myself but they make quality stuff now I reckon, otherwise those famed OCers wouldn't put their name on it. Or break world records on their gear.
Just a thought.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
My board whose capacitors had to be replaced is a 220W famed gamer one and I am using it with a 125W CPU.

tuxon86

macrumors 65816
May 22, 2012
ASRock is not budget/low end anymore. I wouldn't buy from them myself but they make quality stuff now I reckon, otherwise those famed OCers wouldn't put their name on it. Or break world records on their gear.
Just a thought.

Compared to the big three, yes they are budget/low end. This doesn't mean they are bad, just that they aren't as good or as feature full as the bigger name.

PS: Those famed OCers are paid for their name just like any other form of product endorsing.

koyoot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Its terrific motherboard. And presumably the mITX X370 for Ryzen CPUs/APUs will be similarly equipped. I don't expect lower price, however...

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
The specs look great, but there's a difference between that and having a good experience, regardless of the manufacturer.

Besides a better PCIe 3.0 configuration, I am also waiting for Thunderbolt in AMD motherboards.

ManuelGomes

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2014
Aveiro, Portugal
I might be a bit off nowadays, and frankly not interested in looking it up, but ASRock not as feature rich? I could look it up but not really in the mood. And I'm quite certain they beat quite a few records so OC friendly. Everyone has a gamer/OCer in their payroll of course. Back in the days they were crap, don't really think they are anymore.
Anyway, I'm done with that stuff now so not really interested but they were already number 3 some time back, ahead of MSI. Don't forget they are an Asus spin off (now part of Pegatron I believe) and they make server and workstation boards, good ones too as far as I can tell. They're highly regarded by some well known publications so they mustn't be all that bad. But like I said, don't give a rat's...

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
I might be a bit off nowadays, and frankly not interested in looking it up, but ASRock not as feature rich? I could look it up but not really in the mood. And I'm quite certain they beat quite a few records so OC friendly. Everyone has a gamer/OCer in their payroll of course. Back in the days they were crap, don't really think they are anymore.
Anyway, I'm done with that stuff now so not really interested but they were already number 3 some time back, ahead of MSI. Don't forget they are an Asus spin off (now part of Pegatron I believe) and they make server and workstation boards, good ones too as far as I can tell. They're highly regarded by some well known publications so they mustn't be all that bad. But like I said, don't give a rat's...
Asrock tries new features:

- When I was looking for an AM3+ motherboard, they had some of the few with M.2 and USB 3.1
- If you look at B350 motherboards, they have some of the few with 2x M.2 (and the others are ASUS)
- If you look at the AM4 motherboards, they have the only ones with wireless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.