An American MacBook Pro in France

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by arielmichele, Mar 22, 2011.

  1. arielmichele macrumors newbie

    Mar 22, 2011
    I am studying abroad in Paris this summer and intend to bring my MacBook along. I've read a few posts about the international adapter/converter for Mac, but I'm still confused. Do I need a converter, or will a simple adapter suffice? I'm terrified of frying my MacBook.
  2. wordoflife macrumors 604


    Jul 6, 2009
    I believe you will only need an adapter because the power brick will regulate the current.

    Good luck with your studies in France.
  3. And1ss macrumors 6502a


    Oct 20, 2009
    The power adapter itself is worldwide. You only need the "head", the part that detaches, for continental Europe outlets. <-- you'll need this or the equivalent or if you can just get the European head.
  4. wordoflife macrumors 604


    Jul 6, 2009
    I wouldn't buy an Apple one, especially at that price.

    You can find something like this ( which is way cheaper, and won't be limited to Apple products. I'd pick up 2 -3 just to be safe.
  5. psxguru macrumors 6502a

    May 19, 2006
    If you don't want to mess about with adapters, you can just plug an IEC (figure of 8) power lead directly into it after removing the 'head' part.

    Not as neat but if you have a spare power lead there it will work.

Share This Page