An Eight Dollar Lesson from Microsoft

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by micahR, Jun 23, 2010.

1. micahR macrumors newbie

So a few months ago there was a deal to renew my Xbox live gold membership for a dollar. That's right a singular dollar for a whole month of all the crap I don't use on Xbox Live Gold, plus the stuff I actually do use. Upon seeing the deal, I clicked the "Hell Yes" button.:D
    A month went by and as my subscription was coming to a close I bought a 12month gold card for 35 bucks but was going to wait to redeem the code after my subscription lapsed.
    This morning I get an email from Microsoft saying, "Confirmation of renewal of Xbox Live Monthly Gold Membership." Funny, I didn't renew anything. I had somehow missed the fact that Microsoft automatically set me up for a monthly renewal plan at 8 DOLLARS A MONTH! :mad::mad:
    I quickly logged into my xbox live account and turned off the auto-renewal function. Next I will read those emails from Microsoft a little closer when I sign up for a deal that is too good to be true.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Focus on the fine print. But who knows if it's really there?? ;)

3. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

1st rule of Xbox: don't give MS your credit card info. If MS gets your credit info, they hold it with a vise-like grip from which is hard to escape. Either buy the retail cards to redeem codes from, or get it elsewhere to avoid giving them your info. Amazon has a great Xbox Live store that you can get XBLA games, MS points and Live subscriptions from. Buy it from them, and they will email you the code to redeem.