An In-Depth Look at Apple Watch Band Options and Potential Pricing

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 20, 2015.

1. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

No, that is incorrect.

Tim Cook has just been reported as saying that he wears his Apple Watch all the time - - ”even in the shower.”

2. LordVic macrumors 603

I believe though that this has changed since the original product announcement.

This is is good news for the Apple Watch. Lack of water resistance would have been a sticker for many people.

3. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Other than having the same name and both being about prioritizing customers at the Genius Bar, you mean.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

You are also under the assumption that "hearing" from analysts means something.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Or it could be that David Pogue misunderstood something that was said to him, or that the Apple employee who was explaining the watch to Pogue was misinformed.

----------

Hmmmm. I had thought you were talking about giving special treatment to Edition customers at the time of purchase, but now, on rereading your posts, I realize you were talking about giving them preferential treatment at the Genius Bar. Well, could be that there is a separate Genius Bar for people who get their Edition watches serviced. But this "concierge service" based on the nature of the problem would still leave you waiting with the riffraffs, especially at busy stores, where tons of people come with relatively serious problems.

6. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

So far, the Concierge Service is a rumor, and the Apple Watch is not yet released. The comment to which I was replying found it funny that the customers who owned the Edition watch would be required to wait just like anyone else for their Genius Bar appointment. I have a hunch that they will be given preferential treatment, and the rumored Concierge Service suggests a mechanism through which that special treatment could occur.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Could be. Alternately, I can imagine a special corner of the store dedicated to the Edition watches, where people would go to view, buy and have their Edition watches serviced.

8. doelcm82 macrumors 68040

doelcm82

Agreed. A jewelry counter with an Apple flair. Maybe some complimentary chai latte for anyone who has to wait.

9. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Have faith. If Apple does it its going to be good who's better than Apple at marketing?

10. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I don't know. Are they giving you a special treatment when you go to purchase a Mac pro ? Is there a special corner ?

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, I, for one, was assuming that special treatment of Edition customers will come along with a $10k+ price tag. If the Edition only costs as much as a Mac Pro, sure, no special treatment.

12. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Mmmh.... I can easily configure a Mac pro to cost more than 16k $, still no special treatment.

I really don't know. I can't see Apple change their stores for that.
    Maybe the Edition will be available only online as BTO.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can buy configured MacPros at the store? I thought that could only be done online.

And yes, Apple will have to reconfigure their stores if they are selling Edition models in-store, if only to prevent people from walking out with Edition watches in their pockets. So maybe as you say, Edition will only be avaiable online and in select stores. We'll see. Is it April yet? :p

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Yes yes, you are right, but you can actually walk in the store, speak with a vendor and configure your expensive Mac pro, all without any special treatment, just like the guy next to you that is buying a $99 iPod.

Do you understand what I mean ?

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, I know.

But people who buy the MacPro are buying computing power. People who buy Edition watches are getting the exact same functionality as the $349 aluminum model, only with a good case. Those kind of people may very well expect special treatment. Whether Apple will give it to them, who knows. I was just saying iit's possible they will, but again, I won't be surprised if they don't.

16. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I understand what you are saying.
    Those customers maybe expect to be treated like someone buying a jewel.

17. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

same here. I also doubt they would price differently according to the bands. I'm guessing around $599 for steel apple watch, but you buy a band separately.

18. friedmud macrumors 65816

Just as a follow up... I was right :)

19. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Sorry, about what? Only post I could find was you asking why, which I responded with my guess about lots of valuable small items versus large.